Powerful Tools to Help You Succeed

Julie20fan
Julie20fan Posts: 361 Member
If you do not have the proper tools to help you succeed then most of us fall short, right. Well, here are some helpful tips to make sure you are staying on track. It takes hard work, commitment, a healthy eating plan—and a few secret weapons.

Have a support system:
Whether it's your family, a workout buddy, friends on the Message Boards, having someone you can lean on when you're struggling can make all the difference between making it and giving up. Ideally, you can rope in your cousin, sibling, or BFF to take the journey with you. That way, you'll support each other.

Keeping Track of your habits:
How many calories do you think you ate today? 1,500? 2,000? 3,500? No idea? When you don't follow a meal plan or track the foods you eat, it's hard to pinpoint how many calories you're eating and if you need to adjust those numbers to gain, lose, or maintain your weight. Consistently, studies show that when you log your food, you are up to twice as likely to lose weight. Measure your portions and record everything you eat, and you'll see results soon enough. The same goes for your exercise.

Adding supplements to your diet:
While a solid, nutritious diet including fresh fruits, veggies, lean protein, and "good" fats goes a long way toward helping anyone reach their fitness goals, sometimes you need to hedge your bets a little. That's where supplementation comes in. When you're eating at a calorie deficit, you might not be able to get all the vitamins and minerals you need in a day. Incorporating a multi-vitamin into your daily tasks is highly recommended.

I hope this has helped. Tell me how you have implemented these into your daily routine.

Replies

• slimwoman2013
    slimwoman2013 Posts: 4 Member
    Good advice. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully this message board will add to my support system.
  • Julie20fan
    Good advice. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully this message board will add to my support system.

Absolutely! This is my hope to help each of you stay on track and see you succeed and reach your goals. That is what I truly love the most.
  • lebellemiu
    lebellemiu Posts: 1 Member
    very good advice. I kept a diary here about what I eat every day, and the truth is that it has helped me a lot in controlling what brought me to the mouth
  • Thank you.....I feel truly motivated to succeed. I am using my fitness pal and have a group at work. Exercise is incorporated the best I can. As we speak my mom has been hospitalized and the routine changes. But all is good will monitor at least calories and try to fit in exercise for some self-care. Thank you
  • mallen40
    mallen40 Posts: 119 Member
    Thank you for the advice. I can honestly say that keeping track of what I eat has made a difference and makes me think twice before I eat it. Plus, my husband & I joined a gym along with our friends (husband/wife) who is also our neighbors across the street. We also began dieting together. Me & her are even friends on this site. We push each other and give each other encouragement. I believe that is why I have stuck with it as long as I have, which is almost a month. World record for me!! :laugh:
  • Julie20fan
    Thank you for the advice. I can honestly say that keeping track of what I eat has made a difference and makes me think twice before I eat it. Plus, my husband & I joined a gym along with our friends (husband/wife) who is also our neighbors across the street. We also began dieting together. Me & her are even friends on this site. We push each other and give each other encouragement. I believe that is why I have stuck with it as long as I have, which is almost a month. World record for me!! :laugh:

You have found an accountability partner and that is amazing. It always helps when you have someone working towards the same goals. You feel responsible and start making better choices. Great job and proud of you for doing this for a month now. That is a great accomplishment. Keep up the great work. You are going to far exceed your goals.