A glimmer of hope

Options
Ah, the rollercoaster of TTC with PCOS. I got my period at the beginning of the month all on my own (no clomid, no provera). I figured a breakthrough bleed. But, around day 17 of my cycle I started having tons of the good stretchy, slippery discharge. I had some ovulation test strips left from our attempt with clomid. Took one and it was obviously positive! Mot just pretty dark, but full on darker than control. Made sure to "do what needed to be done". It lasted around 3 days. Then the next day it dried right up, just like it should if I am functioning normally. Since then I have had some sure signs that progesterone is high. I always feel hot during the luteal phase (when I do have one which is almost never!). I'm down 10lbs as of today. I had my metformin dosage raised and take vitex daily. I'm thinking I am in my first all natural two week wait!

Really, I would prefer to lose more weight before pregnancy, so if I get my period I will be okay. Especially if this means that I will start having regular cycles.

Replies

• miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    It was a great feeling for me when I went from no cycles whatsoever (I literally did not get a period for seven months) to four to five week cycles on my own. Congrats!
  • fairie_marie
    Options
    Congrats! That first "normal" cycle is so exciting :)
  • amandabeth620
    Options
    That is extremely awesome! So happy for you! :)
  • ChelleSC
    Options
    Thanks for the support, ladies!
  • powellfam2006
    powellfam2006 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you!!!!! Hope it's a lucky cycle!
  • ChelleSC
    Options
    Thanks. No matter what, just having a cycle is lucky at this point. I'm feeling pretty PMS-y right now. Cramps, cravings, etc. So, pretty sure I'll be starting my period by Monday. Now, I need to focus on not eating the entire pantry!
  • L2HS
    L2HS Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Sending happy vibes your way.
  • ChelleSC
    Options
    I'm shaking. There are two, clear pink lines on the strip!

So excited, and scared. And in shock. Please, pray that this pregnancy is healthy. It's the only conception without clomid and I'm terrified of the egg not being strong because of that.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've had two pregnancies, neither with Clomid and both were very strong! And if they find that your progesterone is low or something like that, you can take supplements.
  • ChelleSC
    Options
    I am feeling pretty shocked still. I really want to continue the healthy eating and tracking as well as working out. I know you can't diet during pregnancy. I am going to try to make sure I eat my full amount of calories each day. And I will hopefully be able to talk to the doctor about the amount I should be eating. It's tricky just going by mfp because the amount they suggest for maintenance for me is definitely too much at almost 2300 calories.
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

If you feel like the calories calculated by MFP are not accurate, then I would suggest calculating your own TDEE (Google it, very simple to do) and going by that. You can ask your doctor when you see them about how many calories you should be eating above your TDEE (WebMD says you should eat ~300 calories per day above your regular consumption but it absolutely varies per person), although if you have some weight to lose, usually it is okay to not eat any extra calories for the first couple of months. (but I am not a doctor and I am certainly not YOUR doctor who can much better advise you on that and whether that's ok)

Good luck! Exciting times ahead :)
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!!!!! keep us updated all the prayers in the world :)
  • amandabeth620
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!! :):):)
  • Michelle_MyBelle
    Michelle_MyBelle Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congrats Chelle!! That is awesome! I will be praying for you that everything goes well and that you have a beautiful, healthy, baby!! :))))
  • ChelleSC
    Options
    Finally told my husband tonight. Put the test in a box of chocolates and told him he could open it early. I also added his favorite candy in place of the chocolate. He didn't even see the test at first, just that it was actually the candy he likes. Then when he saw the test he was very excited. Like me he'd pretty much assumed we were done at two, not by choice, but okay with it.

I have an appointment on Monday with my doctor. Hopefully, he can help with the calorie target. I feel like I ate a ton today at 1600ish calories.
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Prayers for a Healthy Pregnancy!
  • powellfam2006
    powellfam2006 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! Timing is everything... CONGRATS...... Keep us posted on everything!!! :)
  • L2HS
    L2HS Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I just saw your update!!! Keeping you in my thoughts!!!
  • fairie_marie
    Options
    Congrats!