Introduce Yourselves

Options
I'd like to get to know everybody a little bit better - what brought you here, what your goals are ect:

I'm 26 years old, a student at UCLA and a personal trainer
My job as a trainer brought me here because our clients use the app - and it's helped me!
I started off around 135 pounds, and am now roughly 150 (15 pound muscle gain)
My goal is to be 165, with very low body fat. Need to eat like crazy for now to get there!! (already lift like crazy)

Replies

• ouija86
    ouija86 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm 26. Usual life crap, working, payin bills, and of course working out.

Started training 4 years ago, was on off, unfocused, and really had no goals the first 3 years. The last ~16 months or so it's been balls to the walls diet/training. Went from 159 up to 190 (and man was that hard lol). Currently cutting and am in the mid 170's, getting shredded for summer. I'd keep getting bigger but am dealing with rehabing a knee injury, so I figured why not go on a cut.

Love training though. Keeps me motivated in all aspects of my life, gives me something to keep my head on during life's rough patches, and in the end just makes me feel better about myself.
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm a 20-year old nutrition major and novice personal trainer in Miami, FL.
    I've been underweight for a good portion of my life. I'm lanky in 95% of my childhood pictures. I spent a few months busting my butt at the gym with heavy weights (which exacerbated my problem because I wasn't eating).

Instead of counting calories on paper, I eventually joined MFP. It helped me realize I was accidentally eating less than 800 calories a day, just because I didn't feel hungry. Now I'm eating 2500 calories a day. I started at 106, dropped to 104 but now I'm at 112 and gaining about one pound a week. I do a modified version of THT4 due to my busy schedule. My muscle definition is now what I never dreamed I would obtain and now I look more like a trainer. My goal is 120 lbs + a butt lol
  • nytwing807
    Options
    Oy feel like the oldie. 29 yr old Administrative Assistant for a Research Laboratory located in the Bay Area, CA

Been the same weight since High School, and finally decided I'm over it. Been going to the gym for a few spurts at a time but never getting anywhere. I was told that I probably burn too many calories than I intake so thus MFP.

Interested in extreme sports however my back injury from Marching Band in high school isn't helping me at all. Broke my shoulder some time in between so my workouts have to be adjusted for those injuries. I have a 1/2 marathon (13.1) on Sunday that I'm not prepared for.

I started off at 115 (5'5), the low end of my BMI spectrum and so far have gained 5 lbs since joining MFP. I'm stoked. Trying to eat around 2400 calories and gym. So I'm getting to my goal of a comfortable 135 and maybe more.
  • shutterrific
    Options
    I'll take the oldie crown for now. I'm Bill, 46yrs old Information Systems Manager out of Utah who is moderately active, and been in the gym pretty steady for the past couple years. Always been in ectomorph category (thin), as I am currently 167 at 6' tall. When I started lifting regularly, I was 175-178. I've lost pretty much all the body fat I need and traded with some muscle, but not enough. I want to maintain 175-180 hence MFP. Currently boosting my cloric intake to 2500+ daily, balanced at 40% protien, 35% carbs, and 25% fats. See where that takes me, besides broke.
  • ouija86
    ouija86 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'll take the oldie crown for now. I'm Bill, 46yrs old Information Systems Manager out of Utah who is moderately active, and been in the gym pretty steady for the past couple years. Always been in ectomorph category (thin), as I am currently 167 at 6' tall. When I started lifting regularly, I was 175-178. I've lost pretty much all the body fat I need and traded with some muscle, but not enough. I want to maintain 175-180 hence MFP. Currently boosting my cloric intake to 2500+ daily, balanced at 40% protien, 35% carbs, and 25% fats. See where that takes me, besides broke.

In my experience (as a classic ectomorph roughly the same size as you) I'd go with closer to 50% carbs to keep some weight on, and shoot for 3k cals at least. At 3000-3500cal running 50/35/15 for macros, I was able to stay in the mid 180's lifting 4-5 times a week.
  • FitnessKing8
    FitnessKing8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm Dominic most likely the youngest here at 14. Started doing 300-500 pushups a day when i was in 5th grade 9-10 yr old. At 11 years old i started doing easy weights just curling most of the time. At 12 I was increasing mass everywhere and now im 14 and weigh 124pds at 5 feet 4 inches and look foward for the future
  • shutterrific
    Options
    In my experience (as a classic ectomorph roughly the same size as you) I'd go with closer to 50% carbs to keep some weight on, and shoot for 3k cals at least. At 3000-3500cal running 50/35/15 for macros, I was able to stay in the mid 180's lifting 4-5 times a week.

Ouija, Thanks for the input! I had my numbers mixed there as I currently do 40C/35P/25F on about 3000cal diet. Only into it a few days so may switch that up to your numbers soon. Again, THANKS.
  • hkatrobos
    hkatrobos Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm 23 and a bit of a nomad. I just finished a 3 month cross country trip full of hiking and backpacking excursions. I would like to be able to complete the Pacific Crest Trail next year, and head back east to do the full AT the following year. My goal isn't to lose weight (I'm 5'6" and 133 lbs now) but instead lower my body fat% and add more muscle. I'd like to have legs that can hike steep inclines while carrying my pack without them giving out on me... and shoot, abs would be pretty flippin' sweet too! I just ordered New Weight Lifting Rules For Women... honestly... I just have no idea how to use free weights, or about good form and I need a structure of what muscles to work out together, so I don't injure myself. Hopefully the book helps! Any other info would be much appreciated!!
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I started out doing weights quite some years ago (around 7 or 8). When I first started progress was sloowwww...... I was lacking knowledge but there were definite gains. I was still under-eating though and it wasn't until a few years back I started to really get some good knowledge and realised just how important nutrition is.

I put on the bulk of my muscle over the last 2 or so years. Starting at around 160lbs, over the course of a few bulks/cuts I worked my way up to a max of 197lbs and I'm currently at 182lbs with a lower body fat %age than I had at 160.

My aim on my next run is to exceed 200lbs since I got so close before, and I'd love to end up at a lean 200 but that may be some time off.

Currently I'm struggling to eat enough. I'm exceeding 3500 a day and still not bulking as fast as I'd like, though I am keeping bodyfat under control so that is one good thing. I think the problem is I'm playing a lot of football (soccer) as it is football season, so that is proving detrimental. Season is over soon though so hopefully will see some good gains over summer.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Kelsi. 21 years old (22 on the 30th of next month).

I started as an anorexic 83lbs- then got skinny-fat at 110-then got super cut and scrawny at 96 by starting a cardio program. Now i'm 117.8, 19% bodyfat, and i deadlift 185lbs. (wanting 200 by my birthday-like a present to myself)

I ran track in high school, but between a genetic deformity in the cartliage of my knees and my 150-calorie-a-day diet plan i was forced to stop. I've recently rediscovered my love of running, but now i do 5Ks pulling against my 140lb fiance.

It's a pleasure to meet all of you :)
  • emkelly27
    emkelly27 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would like to gain and keep the muscle's that I have. summer is comming and my daily activity rutine will have changed for summer. so my hope is to keep and gain some muscle's maybe join a gym or make a home gym this summer. and keep up a new daily rutine for building muscle's and keeping them... does anyone have a recomendation of any rutine that i should try?
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Hi I'm Jackie 33 years old (soon to be 34 in April) and I work as Graphic Designer and Marketing Officer in an Italian chain of restaurants which translates to 8 hour desk job. My ultimate goal is getting my body fat percentage down to 17% (I'm currently at 19%) and hopefully another 5-10 lb. muscle gain. I used to weigh 52kg (115 lbs.) Feb 2012 but was skinny-fat at 26% even though I started lifting heavy June 2011. Right now I weigh 56kgs (124 lbs.), 19% body fat and as of this time I squat and lunge 70kg (155 lbs.) and deadlift 68kg (150 lbs). Hope to progress it by more than 90kg or around 200 lbs. before my 34th birthday in 3 months time.
  • fernandohsa
    Options
    Hey everyone, Fernando here 29 yo.

Joined to get help on this fight to gain weight hehe since my 20's i have been fighting a had some steps forward and few backwards as well.

Currently I look better "healthier" then before but I am on the fight still to gain few extra kilos.

Was taking protein shakes and supplement before but I have ****ed my stomach up taking it so I just wanna try to achieve a decent diet. Eating food not drinking powders :/

Lets see how it goes, open to suggestion. I am studying now so i got more time for gym and a proper diet, hope i can manage.

take care
  • solarflare1989
    Options
    Hey guys! My name is David, about to be 24 in a couple of weeks(valentine's baby). Recently graduated college, and now I'm trying to focus on my health and gaining weight. I've got a high metabolism, so I'm about 6'0, but I'm also about 140 lbs. My goal is to ultimately gain about 40 lbs of muscle and be around 180. I tried to gain weight during college, but considering all the stress, lack of funds, and lack of quality work out time, I lost close to 5-10 lbs. Now I'm hoping to reverse that trend. Problem is, economy has been horrible so I'm still without quality funds to buy all the calories I need to gain muscle right now. Please send me a message if you have any good ideas on how to build muscle/gain weight with low protein/caloric intake.
  • topformfitness
    topformfitness Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I'm a personal trainer in Toronto... used to have a really hard time gaining weight but through consistent effort, hard training, and grossly overeating, I managed to gain some good weight, strength, and a gut.

When I hit 40 years old this became a real issue, so I dedicated myself to getting completely shredded... which I did. Now my goal is to gain back some solid lean muscle with minimum body fat. I know my body, my nutrition, and my training FAR better than a decade ago so I'm very optimistic!

I look forward to connecting with everyone here for support and ideas.

Josh
  • downshiftartist
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Curtis and I'm a 28 y/o Engineering Technician, husband and father of a soon-to-be 2 year old. I used to be really fit in highschool when I ran distance track (800, 1600 and 3200m) but since then my efforts to stay in shape have been sporadic at best. That is, up until the beginning of this year when I started getting back into the gym on a regular basis. My current routine involves Monday and Wednesday being cardio days and Tuesday and Thursday being weight training. My goals are to become a lean 200lbs (a good weight at my height of 6' even) and able to run a 5 minute mile again. It's going to take some work and dedication on my part but I am more than up to the task. I'm primarily trying to work my upper body so if anyone has any pointers I'd be glad to hear it. I guess that all there is to know really so good luck to everyone on obtaining their goal and take care.
  • AnthonyBarbaria
    Options
    Good to from all of you guys - I was away from MFP for a few months, been eating more clean than ever before (partially because Im broke) and setting new goals to get to. I had leaned out for summer and am now looking to put on about 20 pounds in the next 6-8 months. This program helped me in the past to do so simply by watching my calories and making sure I am getting ENOUGH on a daily basis and not just guessing (I always think I did well). Excited to see what this year brings by eating clean (Brown rice/chicken/coconut oil/butter) you will see a lot of the same foods on my list day to day - let's help eachother all set healthy goals and get to the next level!
  • JeremyBenn
    Options
    Hey guys im 31 years old and a national level NPC bodybuilder, currently im sitting at 255 and making the push for 270-275 before hitting the stage again. My pics are old from when i firsted joined here a long time ago. I was a light heavyweight then competing at 187, last show was 205. next show i plan on being a extremely lean 230-235. But if i happen to fall into the top of the heavies(224) i wont be mad either :) just wanted to say hi and look forward to getting to know everyone better!
  • Weighting4results
    Options
    Hey everyone 41 y/o EMT volunteer firefighter. Ive been slacking for many years after an injury to my spine. I am working out when I'm not working insane shifts. I am 6'2" 230 lbs and would like to get to 245 or so. I am lifting light and gradually stacking more as the weeks go by. I workout at home with my wife doing various beach body dvd's. I am eating 3k calories or better and using creatine in protein shakes. I'll get outside when the weather gets warm and do more cardio. I'm going slow and steady for now until I support the injuries better.
    If anyone uses a testosterone booster that works well and doesn't cost my paycheck let me know. The last time I was bodybuilding you could buy androstenedione lol!
    Thanks for reading
    Keith
  • swoldiergirl
    swoldiergirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hola!

41y/o Ops Mngr for a national home builder. I've been actively lifting weights for a few years. Thought about competing, then thought again. Running my first 1/2 marathon in September. Doing my best to live a healthy and active life, but sometimes naps happen! I love to sleep, my dog and my man. Just want to gain mass and look muscular!