Favorite Spring Activity

Options
Ok besides Spring Cleaning:grumble: what activities do you enjoy once the weather starts getting nicer???

What are some NEW activities that you are thinking about picking up this year??

Challenge yourselves and your new bodies!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Don't forget to add yourself to the challenges that LolaBug85 offers! We're all in this together!! :drinker:

Replies

• stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I like to be outdoors in the spring when it is nice out, but before the full heat of summer. (I consider 75 hot especially if you add humidity.) I'm planning on dusting off my bike and possible dabbling in the garden. I also am considering taking up tennis again although that means I have to find someone to play with who will be patient with my stellar lack of hand/eye coordination. :laugh:

Spring cleaning doesn't even make the list :noway: but I do have several minor house repairs to do. :grumble:
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I love the beach and I definitely want to start taking walks there when it starts staying light out later. Before, I could hardly walk without my feet hurting from carrying around so much weight, but this year is different!!
  • angelaanhela
    angelaanhela Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Walks in the parks and swimming! Cant wait to start swimming which should be soon! (Florida)
  • sadiegirl32
    sadiegirl32 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to be able to get the bike out and hit the garden!!

Summer will mean swimming at the pool and lake!
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I got my road bike rebuilt over the winter. Looking forward to some serious cycle miles!
  • LolaBug85
    LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am in love with anything that involves being outside! Whether it's playing at the park with my daughter or just sitting and relaxing. As long as I'm outside, I'm happy. Oooh, and grilling of course!

I just bought a bike a few days ago and am extremely excited to start biking now that I can physically do it!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I just bought a bike a few days ago and am extremely excited to start biking now that I can physically do it!

This is something I am looking forward to - I haven't been on a bike in years!!
  • rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Also anything outside! I actually love yardwork and gardening. Looking forward to more work and less breaks this year. And much easier getting down to the ground and back up again (over and over). We have a lot of perennials and bulbs, so they just come up and are beautiful... but there's always a lot of cleaning up branches and leaves and stuff. Still seems so far off, but at least today it is going to get above freezing outside!
  • snickerdoolers
    snickerdoolers Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I"m looking forward to horseback riding, was always in too much pain and felt bad for my horse having to haul this large *kitten* around! My horse may love me again this year...or atleast thank me for being lighter! lol And biking too, got a cool bike like peewee hermans and i love riding it and just walking on trails while camping with my girls, Hope i can keep up this year! And when i hit my halfway goal i asked hubby if we could invest in a kayak. I may have to quite working to get all this in......lol
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    i live on the edge of the peak district (uk) so want to get back to hiking. i kyacked as a child, have awards in it but wouldnt fit in one currently, would love to get back out on the water
  • csmccord
    csmccord Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I like to be outdoors in the spring when it is nice out, but before the full heat of summer. (I consider 75 hot especially if you add humidity.) I'm planning on dusting off my bike and possible dabbling in the garden. I also am considering taking up tennis again although that means I have to find someone to play with who will be patient with my stellar lack of hand/eye coordination. :laugh:

Spring cleaning doesn't even make the list :noway: but I do have several minor house repairs to do. :grumble:

I used to be the same way. You get over 75 and I thought it was HOT. This past summer, after losing 100 lbs, I found that I could comfortably handle 80 without thinking it was hot. If this is your first summer post surgery, you might be surprised what you can handle now.

For my activities, I want to get a bike and go riding around our nice subdivision bike paths!
  • rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I hadn't thought about being able to tolerate the heat better, but that will be great! I just know that its been tough handling the cold... I even wear socks to bed.
  • stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I grew up accustomed to the mild summers of the Pacific Northwest, which is why 75 is hot to me. I actually did okay pre-surgery in dry heat areas, but the east coast (where I live now) has hot, humid summers that kill me. It would be an unexpected bonus, if the surgery helps me tolerate them better.
  • MaggyMaizy2
    MaggyMaizy2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I hadn't thought about being able to tolerate the heat better, but that will be great! I just know that its been tough handling the cold... I even wear socks to bed.

Same here! I tolerate heat much better. Even with getting in my fluids, I don't sweat. And winter? Yikes! I'm bundled up in sweats, socks, and furry booties!!

Can't wait for spring to do gardening and take walks in the fresh air. And for summer it's my daily swim. Ooohhhhh! I can't wait!!