Obstacles

Options
Julie20fan
Julie20fan Posts: 361 Member
Good morning everyone!

I know there are days where we all face obstacles. So, how do we overcome them and push through anyway? I encountered this first hand this morning while trying to do my workout with my hubby.

We had a bunch of snow fall yesterday and then last night it decided to sleet on top of all this snow. Needless to say there are many without power. While we were doing our warm up the power went out, came back on, went out, then came back on. I pushed play on our DVD player once again and we were finally able to get our workout in.

I was determined to not allow this weather get the best of me. What are some obstacles you may face? And how are you overcoming them?

Replies

• mallen40
    mallen40 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am facing obstacles this week and feel so defeated. I have only worked out once this week at the gym. You may have read my post earlier. I planned to go workout last night but last minute went to a training that I needed to do to work at the professional soccer park on game days. The money earned goes into an account that can help pay for any & all my daughter's activities. It is really going to help since she in in competition softball and that isn't cheap. I didn't get home until after 10 and was just exhausted. Tonight I have errands to run to get things ready for our daughter's birthday party on Saturday and won't have time to go tonight. I plan to do some sort of physical activity/workout at home tonight once the running is done because the gym will be closed before I get done. I am thinking of other things to do to get some sort of workout in. Just feel like I am not accomplishing anything and this whole week is going down the drain. 11 hours of my day is travel and work. I leave my house at 7, get home at 6 so not a lot of time in the evening. That is why the 30 min circuit I do at the gym is great because I get in, get a great workout, get home & have time to get other things done. But when I have all this other stuff to do when I get home just makes it harder to get there. It sounds like I am making excuses and don't want to do that. I don't want to lose the momentum I have and this week I feel like I am and then stop all together.
    Good morning everyone!

I know there are days where we all face obstacles. So, how do we overcome them and push through anyway? I encountered this first hand this morning while trying to do my workout with my hubby.

We had a bunch of snow fall yesterday and then last night it decided to sleet on top of all this snow. Needless to say there are many without power. While we were doing our warm up the power went out, came back on, went out, then came back on. I pushed play on our DVD player once again and we were finally able to get our workout in.

I was determined to not allow this weather get the best of me. What are some obstacles you may face? And how are you overcoming them?
  • claudia799903
    claudia799903 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My main obstacle is getting bored easy. I am constantly trying to find good music to get me motivated. I try work out dvd's but a lot of them are too hard for my level right now. I got a stair step and medicine ball to work with and that's not too bad. Mostly I walk. does anyone have any ideas on some workouts I may be interested in? or any music anyone wants to share that has an awesome beat and gets you motivated?
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    I am facing obstacles this week and feel so defeated. I have only worked out once this week at the gym. You may have read my post earlier. I planned to go workout last night but last minute went to a training that I needed to do to work at the professional soccer park on game days. The money earned goes into an account that can help pay for any & all my daughter's activities. It is really going to help since she in in competition softball and that isn't cheap. I didn't get home until after 10 and was just exhausted. Tonight I have errands to run to get things ready for our daughter's birthday party on Saturday and won't have time to go tonight. I plan to do some sort of physical activity/workout at home tonight once the running is done because the gym will be closed before I get done. I am thinking of other things to do to get some sort of workout in. Just feel like I am not accomplishing anything and this whole week is going down the drain. 11 hours of my day is travel and work. I leave my house at 7, get home at 6 so not a lot of time in the evening. That is why the 30 min circuit I do at the gym is great because I get in, get a great workout, get home & have time to get other things done. But when I have all this other stuff to do when I get home just makes it harder to get there. It sounds like I am making excuses and don't want to do that. I don't want to lose the momentum I have and this week I feel like I am and then stop all together.
    Good morning everyone!

Hey Melissa~

I can tell you are down on yourself. Remember WHY you are doing this? What was it that made you start this journey? Where do you hope to be when it is all done? Look at what you have accomplished so far and focus on that. You my friend are doing great. There are times that life just gets in the way. I understand with the sports, because my son was in baseball for many years and that took time out to do what I needed to do, but it was for him and I would not take any of that back. Have you written down your why? If not, please do that. It's so important to have this in front of you on days like this.

Also, if it helps and I highly suggest this. Take one day and it will only require a couple hours of your time and get in the kitchen. Start prepping your foods for the week. Cut those veggies, thaw out those meats and pre-cook them, cook your rice, etc. Have all of this done so when you do come home the majority of your dinner is already made.

One thing to remember as well is your nutrition on days like this. Continue to eat clean. Do not allow not working out to discourage you into eating poorly.

At home workouts are so important in my opinion so when you are pressed for time you can do it at home and not have to worry about going to a gym.

Remember something. YOU ARE A SHINING STAR! YOU CAN DO THIS! YOU ARE WORTH IT! MAKE EVERY STEP COUNT! ONE STEP AT A TIME! And smile my friend.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    My main obstacle is getting bored easy. I am constantly trying to find good music to get me motivated. I try work out dvd's but a lot of them are too hard for my level right now. I got a stair step and medicine ball to work with and that's not too bad. Mostly I walk. does anyone have any ideas on some workouts I may be interested in? or any music anyone wants to share that has an awesome beat and gets you motivated?

Hey Claudia~

Can you expand on the workout DVD's you are doing? What are they? Is it only one workout DVD or a set of DVD's? I strictly do all my workouts at home and follow a workout calendar. I never work the same muscle group back to back. One day might be lower, the other upper, the other total body, the other strength training, the other cardio. I love these types of programs because it incorporates muscle confusion and if I am sore then I don't have to worry about working that part of the body the next day. it's a win/win. If you want to know more about programs then please send me a message ok.

As for music. I am a kid of the 80's and love old school stuff. You should see my kids when old tunes come on. I break out in dance.
  • mallen40
    mallen40 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement. Yes, I do know the "Why". I want to be healthier, be a good role model for my daughter and feel good about myself. I went on my lunch hour to get some of the errands I had to do tonight done. This will help. I won't get to go to the gym but will have some time to do a workout at home. I have made sure to make good choices for today due to not working out yesterday and thinking I may not get to tonight. I haven't made any poor choices like I would do in the past when I get down and that is a positive for sure!!
    I have thought about doing what you suggest about prepping all the food for that week's dinner. There use to be a cooking show on the Cooking Network that gave great ideas for doing just that. I watched it all the time and everything she made was healthy too!. I am feeling more up beat as the day progresses. Another positive was I didn't eat that doughnut that kept staring at me for breakfast. Had a bowl of oatmeal and & greek yogurt instead! Yay me!! :happy:
    Good morning everyone!

Hey Melissa~

I can tell you are down on yourself. Remember WHY you are doing this? What was it that made you start this journey? Where do you hope to be when it is all done? Look at what you have accomplished so far and focus on that. You my friend are doing great. There are times that life just gets in the way. I understand with the sports, because my son was in baseball for many years and that took time out to do what I needed to do, but it was for him and I would not take any of that back. Have you written down your why? If not, please do that. It's so important to have this in front of you on days like this.

Also, if it helps and I highly suggest this. Take one day and it will only require a couple hours of your time and get in the kitchen. Start prepping your foods for the week. Cut those veggies, thaw out those meats and pre-cook them, cook your rice, etc. Have all of this done so when you do come home the majority of your dinner is already made.

One thing to remember as well is your nutrition on days like this. Continue to eat clean. Do not allow not working out to discourage you into eating poorly.

At home workouts are so important in my opinion so when you are pressed for time you can do it at home and not have to worry about going to a gym.

Remember something. YOU ARE A SHINING STAR! YOU CAN DO THIS! YOU ARE WORTH IT! MAKE EVERY STEP COUNT! ONE STEP AT A TIME! And smile my friend.
  • graceisfree
    graceisfree Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Right now, I exercise more but my body is so sore so i could not even exercise today. Is there anything I can do to relieve the body ache so I can exercise? Also, I am so so hungry these days even after reaching my calorie limit which is 1200 since i'm 185Ibs. What can I do to curb my hunger? I drink a lot of water already so I know i'm not thirsty
  • graceisfree
    graceisfree Posts: 84 Member
    Options

I use Hip hop abs sometimes because its simple for me to do and the music on there gets me going. By the time 30 minutes is up, I'm sweating profusely. You should try it and you can check it out on youtube
  • claudia799903
    Options
    Thank you! I will try hip hop abs. That sounds like fun!:smile:
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Thank you! I will try hip hop abs. That sounds like fun!:smile:

Shaun T rocks and does so much to keep you motivated.
  • claudia799903
    Options
    I tried it last night and it was awesome. I did the whole 30min without taking a break! :)
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Right now, I exercise more but my body is so sore so i could not even exercise today. Is there anything I can do to relieve the body ache so I can exercise? Also, I am so so hungry these days even after reaching my calorie limit which is 1200 since i'm 185Ibs. What can I do to curb my hunger? I drink a lot of water already so I know i'm not thirsty

When you are working out and you have had a hard workout your body will burn a bunch of calories. be careful on these days because you will in fact feel more hungry. On those hard cardio days or strength training days you may need to increase your calories. This is just s suggestion, but I would increase your calories to 1500. Most would say no way I won't lose weight that way. This is not the case. Keep in mind you are making healthier food options as well as working out now so your body needs these extra calories.

How much water are you drinking through the day? Have you ever tried foam rolling? If not I would definitely give it a try. It has helped my with soreness. I posted a topic about foam rolling and a link to a video. Try it out. Also, I drink a recovery drink after hard workouts. If you want more information on this drink then send me a private message.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    I tried it last night and it was awesome. I did the whole 30min without taking a break! :)

Great job Claudia. You give me such motivation everyday I read your posts.