Carb Backloading

Options
Dizzle_65
Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
Anyone tried it? Just read a few articles on it with mixed responses. I have no intention of trying it just wondered how people have got on with it

Replies

• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I ran it for about 6 weeks. Lost 10 pounds pretty quickly (without doing the prep phase).

My body isn't a huge fan of low carb though, I couldn't adjust to it. I have several friends who are currently following the protocol and making some awesome progress.
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm using it and loving it. Lost 30 lbs in four months and PR'd all three lifts for a 109 lb increase on my total in a PL meet 11/3.
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm using it and loving it. Lost 30 lbs in four months and PR'd all three lifts for a 109 lb increase on my total in a PL meet 11/3.
    thx 4 responding to this thread. you lost 30lbs in 4 months without being in a calorie deficit. just by manipulating carbs? thx
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    thx 4 responding to this thread. you lost 30lbs in 4 months without being in a calorie deficit. just by manipulating carbs? thx

I was likely in deficit on my ULC days, but very rarely ever logged or counted.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I tend to do something similar just because I prefer to have the majority of my carbs before bed.

I wouldn't exactly call that CBL though.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I generally avoid any dietary trickery, but this does sound interesting. I would be curious to hear anyone's results.

Here is a good read: http://www.schwarzenegger.com/fitness/post/under-the-hood-how-carb-back-loading-works

Note: I can't vouch for the facts in the article.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I generally avoid any dietary trickery, but this does sound interesting. I would be curious to hear anyone's results.

Here is a good read: http://www.schwarzenegger.com/fitness/post/under-the-hood-how-carb-back-loading-works

Note: I can't vouch for the facts in the article.

i've got a lot of friends in the powerlifting/strongman community and several of them have achieved some really decent fat loss using CBL.
    A few of the big name lifters have also used it and spoken highly of it, that's what originally had me willing to pay for the book.
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated
  • johnwhitman
    johnwhitman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm also very interested in trying it. I can recall times in the past where I would gorge on junk before bed while trying to stay low-carb. Went to bed regretting the binge but woke up feeling tighter and leaner. Interested in trying it for a slow fat-loss but want to build muscle. I just can't see myself paying $80 for a book. Is it even peer-reviewed? If it were offered as a hard copy in book stores, I may be more willing to front the money. Still researching for info as I'd like to give a fair shot to see how well it works.