Gaining 1lbs of lean mass a week while losing bodyfat

PcShed
PcShed Posts: 84 Member
Hi all, as promised here is my photo comparison on week 4. IF definetly is working really well for me and I can now see major changes with by body and fat loss is continuing at a steady pace.

Now before I get ripped up on the forums, I must explain something.

When I trained on the past (weight training) I always gained muscle quite easily as I was a big eater and consumer 5000 calories plus but also fat with it. Its my body type. Loss of body fat for me always been very difficult and to get my fat level low (10 - 15%) I had to do strict dieting and tonnes of cardio for months.

I am carbs sensitive. Any large amount of carbs, goes straight to waist and on the past my waist was 42", I am now got 36" waist.
I have broken pretty much every bone on my body by the age of 14 and have bad joints. Had back problems for years which limited my lifting capacity.

So when I say I gained muscle on a calorie deficit nutrition plan, I truely mean that and I have achieved this by traning 5 days a week on Heavy Compound Exercises, high intensity rep range 8-12 reps with only 30 seconds rest periods between sets. I done 45mins of cardio 4 times a week keeping my heart rate at 162bpm and all this on a fasted state.
I have keeping check on my stats twice daily and still on ketosis as urine strip registers 0.5 which is one level above negative.

This week I managed to hit 150kgs deadlift for 12 reps which is a first for 6 years. One of my weakest area always been my chest and I have concentrate a lot this week on it and managed to hit 50kgs for 10 reps for 4 sets.
This is telling I am getting stronger week by week as week 1, there was no chance of me doing this.

I have tweaked my nutrition plan once again for week 5 I am on the following:

2802 Calories
Fat - 202g
Protein - 196g
Carbs - 49g

My
So the truth is in the pictures:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/rodrigs2013

The biggest change has been my lats and shoulders and my abs are coming throught. Also my upper back is starting to branch out.

So 4 weeks done, how have I done?
This last week:

Lost 0.99 lbs of Body Fat (0.4%)
Gained 0.83 lbs in Lean Mass
Lost 0.16 lbs in Total Weight

So losing about 1 lbs of body fat a week and almost gaining 1 lbs of lean mass. I am quite happy with this as don't want to loss too fast and end up with loose skin all over.

Check my Week 4 video diary:
http://s1192.photobucket.com/user/rodrigs2011/media/VID_20130604_183747-1.mp4.html

Check out more photos for week 4 at:
http://s1192.photobucket.com/user/rodrigs2011/library/Week 4 IF 2nd June 2013

So, let me know you thoughts, any advice or just share your experiences with IF would be highly appreciated.
Thanx
Sergio

Replies

• johnwhitman
    johnwhitman Posts: 4 Member
    I know this is an old post, but very interesting. I also tried IF and did lose BF (evident by my abs finally showing). Didn't do it long enough to gain muscle, but I felt really good doing IF.