Cravings?

Options
StephanieL14
StephanieL14 Posts: 124 Member
What are your cravings (healthy or not)? I've been crazy for Greek yogurt and also fruit. But also chocolate...I had a sweet tooth pre-pregnancy and I'm constantly reminded of it!

Replies

• dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Kettle chips. Ceraeal with Greek yogurt. Orange juice. The occasional milkshake. Cottage cheese. Good stuff and not so good stuff, just like always :p

I actually feel like my cravings are less healthy when I'm breastfeeding.., maybe because the heartburn subsides and I can tolerate more garbage?
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Besides my usual sweet tooth cravings, my unusual craving was having a carbonated beverages, pizza, and tomato juice. Those have slowed down for me, but doesn't mean that it's still been hard to back away from, haha.
  • StephanieL14
    StephanieL14 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Pizza's a big one for me too! We're going to make homemade tomorrow. For savory foods, I've been craving spicy stuff more than normal. Same foods, just kicked up a notch. I also polished off a small tub of coconut yogurt throughout the afternoon. I didn't realize how much of it I had until it was gone...whoops!
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the acidic, sour and spicy foods right now (I love spicy in general). Grapefruit juice, Mexican food, tomatoes, oranges, spicy crab rolls, curry... ALL over it!
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Other than the occasional chocolate, I didn't have any cravings yet! Last pregnancy it was lemon and cucumber. Let's see what it would be this time around :)
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    All I wanted for about 12 weeks of my pregnancy was turkey sandwiches and apples.

Now that I'm nursing all I want is chocolate.
  • l0velife1
    l0velife1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Burgers....constantly! That's really my only unhealthy craving (the others are fruit and milk)....but it definitely drives me crazy! At least there are healthy burger places around here that sell veggie burgers and turkey burgers if I am high in calories for the day. I will learn to trick this craving! :laugh:
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    No cravings yet.. i'm 18+1 and still nothing is very palatable.
  • scienceteacherAK
    scienceteacherAK Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Sushi, pizza, chocolate milk, turkey sandwiches from subway, indian food, thai food... basically anything with carbs! The bad part is that I have gestational diabetes- so I can't indulge- boo!
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    This week is Cutie oranges.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Fruit and peanut butter. Peanut butter on everything, haha. Salty foods with the occasional ice cream craving. For about a month, I had a major craving for clementines and ate probly 6-8/day.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I've eaten a ridiculous amount of tomatoes this pregnancy, and a lot more chocolate than usual.
  • Nique85
    Nique85 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Grapefruits and ice cream (I know this one is BAD) LOL. I have to have at least one grapefruit a day and if I don't I feel weird. Oh and lemon water. It taste like juice to me. I have to have a big cup first thing in the morning.
  • lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I really want Sushi and spicy food. I also have been wanting soda more than usual but it makes me feel sick after so I don't drink too much. But probably my big one is PEANUT BUTTER. I have it for meals and snacks.
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've got a new craving...Gooey cheesy things (like nacho cheese) and something spicy. Trying to watch the sodium, so off to the store this weekend for nacho cheese ingredients to make from scratch :smile:
  • christyweeks
    christyweeks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Can I really be craving pickles? Yeah, yeah I am. I looked it up and apparently I could have a salt or potassium deficiency. I looked at my nutrition stats and it shows me low every week on potassium. Prenatal vitamin is just not making it up. I will have to start buying potassium rich foods to add into my diet.

I cannot get eggplant parm with lots of gooey cheese off my mind. It's as if I become totally obsessed with eating something unattainable and that just makes the craving unbearable.
  • dandelyon
    Options
    Can I really be craving pickles? Yeah, yeah I am. I looked it up and apparently I could have a salt or potassium deficiency. I looked at my nutrition stats and it shows me low every week on potassium. Prenatal vitamin is just not making it up. I will have to start buying potassium rich foods to add into my diet.

I cannot get eggplant parm with lots of gooey cheese off my mind. It's as if I become totally obsessed with eating something unattainable and that just makes the craving unbearable.

Coconut water is supposed to be a good source... Just started drinking it. I can't hit my potassium either. I wonder where the recommendations come from.

And eggplant parm is definitely something I have indulged in several times this pregnancy.
  • christyweeks
    christyweeks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will check out the coconut water. I have been using silk coconut milk but it doesn't give me any potassium in MFP. According to the nutritional info on the carton it has 45 mg per 1 cup serving. Still way too low to complete my day.
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Oranges (blood oranges right now) and cheesy things. Pizza, quesadillas, cheese burgers, nachos, cheesesteaks, CHEESE, CHEESE, CHEESE! And I'm lactose intolerant, so it's really amping up the gas factor.
  • dandelyon
    Options
    I will check out the coconut water. I have been using silk coconut milk but it doesn't give me any potassium in MFP. According to the nutritional info on the carton it has 45 mg per 1 cup serving. Still way too low to complete my day.

The brands I've looked at have 200 to 500 potassium per serving, not sure why there is such a difference, just comparing labels on Amazon. I have some coming today, it's supposed to be good to drink during labor.