Cheat or not?

Options
Lori0534
Lori0534 Posts: 208 Member
So, my husband is wanting to take us out to dinner tomorrow night and while I know I will most likely get a steak and side salad, I also know that I will probably want a drink! So, should I cheat or not? It will be 2 weeks Sunday on induction and I place to stick with 20 g carbs for another couple of weeks. What do y'all think????

Replies

• jensortega
    Options
    If you are going to have dessert why not try for a lower carb dessert,I would imagine creme brulee,chocolate mouse,cheesecake, flour less chocolate lava cake,frozen yogurt would be better choices than some dessert such as cake and pastries
  • jensortega
    Options
    Oh crud drink not dessert duh lol go with red wine if anything
  • SwedishMel
    SwedishMel Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My fiance & I celebrated our Valentine's Day on Wednesday & I didn't feel bad one bit cheating on my diet. I just restarted the next day. The scale went up slightly but that was to be expected. I'm just restarting my diet & I'm okay with it. Just from having a cheat day now and again shouldn't derail you from your goal. I'm still working out weekly. If it makes you feel better you can put in a couple extra work outs before or after. :flowerforyou: Don't stress, ENJOY yourself. And happy Valentine's Day! :heart: :heart:
  • Lori0534
    Options
    Thanks! I am going to have a cheat day and get back at it tomorrow!!!
  • tunesntea
    Options
    I cheated. Didn't mean to. Fish sticks-ewww.
    This weekend I'm doing maintenance Atkins because I don't trust myself not to go hog wild if I don't have some limitations. Red wine and nuts makes me feel like a bad girl. The stupid fish sticks were the one item I shouldn't have had at all and totally not worth it.

I'm not weighing till the end of the month but I'm going back on induction Monday.
  • Lori0534
    Options
    I had chips and a flour tortilla with my fajitas!!! I then ended up having a hamburger with the bun yesterday! I'm back on it today!
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I ate chocolate & garlic bread, and drank wine & beer. Back on board now. LOL
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't cheat, just because "Induction flu" is so vile.

If you need a beer, go with Michelob Ultra (2.5 grams carbs) or Miller Lite (3.2 grams carbs). If you want to mix something, I'd go with Jack and Diet Coke. I'd avoid most rums and all wine.

For dessert, pre-bake a flourless cake using a sweetener other than sugar and skip anything the restaurant has to offer. This is what I typically do and I haven't been knocked out of ketosis following this plan. For me, it's a win/win!

Best of luck, have a great day!