Introductions

Options
13»

Replies

• lumpster82
    lumpster82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi @chrismikey. I am also new to this group and new to MFP, and I wanted to congratulate you on taking steps to improve your health. Amen to great insurance!

My husband and I recently started a "not-a-diet." I borrowed the Mayo Clinic Diet book from my local library and it outlines a healthful approach to diet and weight that I think we're going to find helpful. There is very little "eat only this" and "never eat that" but there are a lot of easily followable guidelines. For example, 30 minutes of physical activity a day AND no more television than time spend on physical activity.

see everyone on the boards!
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am Corinne and I am 30 years old. I currently live in Jersey City, NJ but will be moving with my husband and pet pig Olive, into the Fairmount area of Philadelphia this summer to start medical school. I really enjoy being active and spending time outdoors and am looking to MFP to keep me motivated when school starts taking over my life! My goal this year is to run in a half-marathon.
  • goldenmilliondollarbaby
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Courtney and I live in the Juniata Park section of Philly..I'm 23, and I have a 2 year old little girl ;) I've really been on and off (more off) with this health thing, but I'm looking to stay on track for real this time.. I haven't been exercising much but when I do my faves are Nike Training Club (it's an app for iPhone & Android 4.2+), walking and dancing.. looking to expand my horizons though.. what I really want is to join a gym again and maybe get a gym buddy..
  • c410
    c410 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Chelsea and I'm 23. I'm pretty new to the area. I grew up in Ottawa, Canada, then spent the past two years in Southern California. We moved to the area in January for my husband's job, just in time for this wonderful winter. We live in Lansdale, in Montgomery county. I found a job, then a month later my boss closed the business, great. So right now I don't get out too much, and I'm looking forward to meeting people in the area.
  • femmasaurusrex
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Jenn, I'm 33, I'm a full-time biologist, and i'm living in West Philly. Looking to find some affordable classes in the area, something to keep me motivated and exercising regularly. I've got a pretty steep goal of 117 lbs to lose, hoping to stick it out for the long haul.
  • GainsAddict
    GainsAddict Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ✋..My name is Jon, I'm 24...and I'm a gymaholic...but nah I love the gym. some of my favorite ezcercise are bench presses and deadlifts. I'm a Temple University grad and I pick things up and put them down. Also I welcome more MFP friends and local support would be dope!
  • Gamtauru
    Gamtauru Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am from havertown, pa. I am a gamer and a geek/nerd.