Only 113 pounds but 27 inches in waist size. What's wrong?

Options
vnukinga
vnukinga Posts: 130 Member
Hello fellow "not that heavy girls",

I have been relatively new to this site. Started my exercise, eating healthier routine about 4 months ago an give or take lost about 10 pounds and added good amount of muscle tone. I feel great and am very happy with my body overall but my waist size concerns me. When I started in early October my waist was at 29 inches, now 10 pounds lighter my waist is at 27. I have been feeling bloated last couple of weeks and wonder if that has to do with anything. (I am NOT pregnant! LOL!)
Currently I am 113 pound with 5'2" height (37 years old, mom of 2)
waist 27
breasts 36
hips 36

Please share your thoughts and advice.
Thanks!
:)

Replies

• Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    27 seems pretty normal considering your hip/chest measurements. If you ARE bloated, reducing sodium and drinking more water can reduce it in 2-4 days.
  • vnukinga
    Options
    Thank you.
    I'll try to reduce sodium and drink more. Hopefully the bloating will start diminishing. It really has been bothering me a lot lately.
  • Cakewalk25
    Cakewalk25 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about waist size as long as your BMI is healthy, sometimes it's all about genetics. I was 5'7 and 105 pounds all through junior high and high school but my waist size was ALWAYS 30 inches and back then I was so skinny people told me I looked like a walking skeleton. I've been everywhere from 110-140 since I graduated and my waist size has stayed the same.

I asked my doctor once because I was concerned that my waist-to-hip ratio (0.9) told me that I would be at risk for heart disease and diabetes and she told me that it's all genetics about how you are built. Some people are built curvy, some like me are built straight up and down.
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    When I stopped eating gluten, I did not lose any weight, but shirts that were size medium were suddenly fitting me. My torso shrunk... it was as if the whole area was bloated. I notice that when I lay down on my back on a hard surface and press my fingers (gently) into my stomach area, I can feel that the whole area below the stomach is sore. Otherwise, I could walk around not really feeling it.
  • vnukinga
    Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • vfett1018
    vfett1018 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    That seems normal.
    I mean I understand you are probably wanting a skinny waist line, but that's not bad.
    I"m
    5'3
    34 bust
    26 waist
    35 hips
  • vnukinga
    Options
    Yes, I do!
    Btw. nice numbers, V!
  • pps7
    pps7 Posts: 46
    Options
    We are a similar size as well. Age 39. 5'2" 114lbs. Chest 33" waist 25.5" ( smallest part) waist at belly button 28". Hip 36.5". For me it's my hips that seem disproportionate to the rest of me:)

I am hoping that some strength training and building lean muscle mass will help.
  • GSXRGIRL61
    GSXRGIRL61 Posts: 6,255 Member
    Options
    Do you eat refined carbs, a lot of pasta, bread, pizza, etc? When I stopped eating that stuff (for the most part), like Jezebel9, my stomach went down pretty dramatically.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" & 116lbs

Waist: 27.5
    Hips: 35
    bust 34

I think it's mainly genetics. I've been working hard on strength training 3X week & have been losing inches steadily. I've got the mommy pooch, so I know that presents some problems. I'm hoping to get down to 26 inches, so we shall see. Keep up the hard work & the inches will gradually come off :)
  • totem12
    totem12 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm 5'2", 106 pounds, 27 inch waist, 32 bust, 34 hips. My waist hasn't gone down a single inch after losing 20 pounds so I think genetically I just have a bit more of a wide boxy shape.
  • rmcolorado
    Options
    It's how you're built. For example I could be skin and bones but I doubt my pant size will ever be less then a 10. My hip bones are set so wide the bones alone would not allow smaller pants to button. Don't worry about it. Your healthy and that should always be the goal not a number we make up.