Young male struggling with BED. Help?

Options
I am a 24 year old male loving in Charlotte, NC. I have struggled as long as I can remember with Binge Eating Disorder, but only recently discovered that my struggle had a name. I have researched extensively and discovered my passion for Nutrition and a need to battle this, before I develop serious health issues.

The main thing I am struggling to find is other males who relate to my issue / accountability within my community. Eating disorder research, support and communities all seem to be female only. I am unable to afford therapy, so I am looking for all resources and community to help. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Replies

• GBPackerFan14
    GBPackerFan14 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and struggling with it myself. This week alone has been horrid I binged 6 of the last 8 days. I wish I could offer a solution but I have been pretty low lately and don't have one. I'm going to add you though since I agree most of the resources out there are for women and this group is predominately women. Check out the quit binge eating podcast and quitbingeeating.com it is run by a guy named Alen Standish might be a good resource for you.
  • ShmeaShmea
    ShmeaShmea Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am female, but I am here to listen, encourage, and tell you what works for me, if you like.

I'm 25, and like you I found a passion for nutrition while researching my problem. Nobody in my life wants to talk about it; I work in fast food. The job goes against everything I believe in, but social anxiety and a general feeling of inadequacy keeps me from finding a new one. Blah.

Have you read The China Study by T. Colin Campbell?