Good Choices

Options
My friend sent me this today:

MjAxMy1lOGY4YmZiM2E4YjMxNzc3.png

That got me thinking...I'm exactly the same way!! I want to feel instant reward for when I decide to swap the awesome looking pizza and instead have a salad for lunch. Or I want recognition for all the heathy food choices I have been making in general. This thread is dedicated to just that. Tell us about all your good decisions and we will be there to cheer you on! Granted its not as great as instant pounds lost but at least now there is a way to gain the recognition/support for all your good choices. :drinker:

Replies

• arwacky
    arwacky Posts: 1,653
    Options
    I'll be first to start...today I went to Five Guys Burgers and Fries and got a bunless burger that was wrapped in lettuce instead. SOO GOOD!!! Didn't even miss the bread :happy:
  • music815
    Options
    I chose Honey bunches of oats and 1%milk, instead of Frosted Flakes and whole milk! I have been eating the deliciously sugary frosted flakes since I was a little boy. I love Honey bunches now!
  • AshTrixxy
    AshTrixxy Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I chose to do some cardio instead of giving into my husband last night when he said "I want some ice cream. Do you want ice cream? I'm going to go get some." I sat there, thought about it, decided that I wasn't hungry at all after the very filling dinner we'd just had, and said "have fun going to get your ice cream!" lol
  • arwacky
    Options
    Guys, that's awesome!!! I'm so proud of you!! And it will reflect on the scale soon enough just keep making those good choices.

Today I left part of my breakfast cause I realized I was full and I will just finish it after my workout as a snack. I just told myself that if I force myself to finish it now then I will be hungry later and eat even more but if I leave it now I can have the same calories that I logged throughout the day. :)
  • gdjester1
    gdjester1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Today I did something that in the past I would have never done. It seems like every time in the past that I have tried to change my lifestyle and loose weight, around once a week or so I will just get incredibly hungry throughout the day. It is no different this time around. Normally on days like these I would binge eat everything I could find, completely ruining any progress I had made leading up to then. Today was one of those days, I was hungry from the time I got up and it just kept getting worse. However this time I did not binge eat. This afternoon when my hunger was at its peak, instead of looking for any junk I could find, I went and got a slim ham sandwich from Jimmy John's. I ate the sandwich in small pieces at a time throughout the afternoon. This worked and it curbed my hunger. Sure I gave in and ate something other than what was in my plan, but I did it responsibly and didn't raid the junk food aisle. I'll still be under my calorie goals today so I call that a win.
  • AshTrixxy
    AshTrixxy Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Sitting here bored at work and I want to eat up a storm!! Why do we always want to eat when we're bored?? I'm not gonna though.... just going to sit here and drink my water like a good little girl. (FYI: There is chocolate cake sitting less than 10 feet away from me).
  • arwacky
    Options
    Omg!!! Good job resisting temptation. I'm sure that wasn't easy but just make sure you are also not completely denying yourself things you want. This is a lifestyle change and it has to be sustainable. Regardless I'm really happy and proud of you for not eating when you're bored. I wanted to do the same thing last night but kept thinking about that number on the scale instead. Luckily scale won. :D

Keep it up!
  • whisperer02
    Options
    Sorry I have been M.I.A but had the flu. I actually had cake today but I balanced it with a very healthy dinner. I was under in my calories so I feel okay with my choices. I don't deprive myself cause if I do it will result in a serious day of a sweet attack. Sounds like we are all still making some good choices. Glad to be here.
  • gdjester1
    gdjester1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My son was eating the most delicious looking pepperoni pizza tonight. They all look like the most delicious looking pizzas, its the one thing I'm having the most trouble with not eating. But I can't because I just don't trust myself yet to eat just one or two slices. Tried that a few weeks ago while traveling and ended up eating almost a whole large Pizza Hut pizza.

Tonight however I did not give in, while he ate the pizza I made myself a baked chicken breast and a few sweet potato fries. Go me!
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    They all look like the most delicious looking pizzas, its the one thing I'm having the most trouble with not eating.

True that! My girlfriend and I used to order pizza at least once a week. The problem was that she is vegetarian and I love meat, so we would both order larges.... usually with some appetizers.

Last week we ordered pizza and just split a small. I checked the calories on the website before ordering to make sure it would fit into my day.
  • becky2t
    becky2t Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My son asked if I wanted an ice cream bar since he was getting one for himself. I thought about it and decided, no I don't like that specific bar too much and if I'm gonna have a desert it will be something really worth it. So, I ate 1 square of Ghirardelli (60 cal) and put the rest back in the freezer for later. Yummy!
  • arwacky
    Options
    I wanted to devour everything in sight but I didn't and had a green tea first which helped me feel less hungry :smile: