Shake Things Up

Options
Hello Everyone!

Is it just me or do we not have the enthusiasm that we did last year! I know I'm guilty of it - I would much rather sleep than do anything else when I get home from work.

So, what can we do to get more active?

For me, my cousin and I have been having little monthly challenges to keep us going. Last month was to work our for 25 hours, December was to walk 100 miles, this month is to go vegan (no meat, egg, dairy, or animal bi-product). So far these little challenges have made things interesting, and although I'm not always successful, they make me try.

Since today is Monday - does anyone have any ideas for what we can do for a little mini challenge?

Replies

• Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Do we want to do monthly challenges or weekly challenges? I know some people ( I can be one of these people) can fall off the wagon if it's a monthly thing. I think it's because I have no one close by to help keep me motivated.
  • littlemzkitty
    littlemzkitty Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I think a weekly would be good. Or perhaps, since we do the weekend challenges - this would be the weekday challenges. A Monday - Friday challenge.

It could be a move more, eat better, drink more water, avoid the vending machines (my weakness) little goals to help keep us on track.
  • cubbie_girl
    cubbie_girl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I like this idea! I set myself some monthly goals and so far I've missed the mark for February. I need something to get me motivated.
  • Wraiythe
    Options
    Let's do it! We can start Monday. That gives us a good couple days to figure out some good ideas for the weekly challenges. Let's start throwing ideas out there!
  • Wraiythe
    Options
    Ok, for this first week, maybe start something small.....Drinking so many ounces of water every day for the week? Getting at least 20 mins of exercise in a day? What do y'all think?
  • gardendolly
    gardendolly Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I think weekly challenges would be best, otherwise its easy to loose focus.

I can't join in any exercise challenges at the moment as I'm still in plaster and not mobile. I could join you in any water drinking challenges, or similar. You could do a 5 a day challenge (fruit and veg), or even a track every day challenge (even if you don't make the goals, its the fact that you track everything that matters).
  • Wraiythe
    Options
    Maybe we'll start small this week. Make sure to drink at least 64 oz of water a day and track all our foods? Every single thing that goes in our mouth. How's that?
  • gardendolly
    gardendolly Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

I gave tracked every single thing I ate or drank for the last 2 days and was surprised how close to my daily points I was (I'm doing WW)

I'm not doing so well with the water. I don't find it so easy to keep my intake up when the weather is cooler. Any suggestions for that anyone? How do you make sure you drink lots of water?
  • Wraiythe
    Options
    I have a 50 oz water bottle. I try to at least drink 1 1/2 of those a day. If I can do 2 full bottles I'm happy. I'm not doing the BEST on it, but it helps to make me mindful that I haven't gotten enough water and that I need to drink more.
  • JulieB_MN
    JulieB_MN Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone:) I feel like I have been out of touch. I have been getting all of my water in each day. I try to drink the water instead of any other liquids. we have a ton of snow here in Mn and I will be out shoveling:)
  • Wraiythe
    Options
    We all seem to be slacking off a little bit. We need to do something to kick each other in the butt! :D
  • littlemzkitty
    littlemzkitty Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've fallen off hard core - we were so much better last year! What is going on.

Challenge for the day - spend 45 minutes in motion above and beyond the regular things.
  • Wraiythe
    Options
    I have fallen off so hard too, it's ridiculous! Today did not see nearly enough activity. I spent a lot of it taking my mom to the doctor and then picking up my aunt from the air port. Now I know I should go and use the elliptical but I have such a headache. Did you get your 45 mins in? I am definitely on the challenge tomorrow though. I have nothing to do but take my mom to another appointment tomorrow morning and put a computer chair together for her :D Shall we try 45 mins again?
  • Wraiythe
    Options
    Got my 45 mins in!! Woot!!