Eight weeks without a binge!!

Options
escapepod
escapepod Posts: 68 Member
While the rest of the world is scarfing down chocolate and other sweets today, I'm celebrating 8 weeks without a binge, and 8 weeks off of sugar. While I do enjoy low-carb sugar-free goodies made with other sweeteners, sugar leads me inevitably into the vortex of bingeing, weight gain, guilt, and depression. Today I'll be ignoring the doughuts our office administrator brought in to work, and the chocolate heart left on my office chair (what the @#$#@ kind of "wellness initiative" is that?!?), and celebrating that my clothes fit better, I have more energy, I feel better about myself, I feel more in control, and my weight is returning back to where I'd like it to be. My hat's off to those of you who can make the moderation approach work for you. I've found that abstinence is the better approach for me, and though it's not always easy, it's much easier than living with myself when I'm bingeing!

Have a great Valentine's Day everyone!

Replies

• FrauStorm
    FrauStorm Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Unfortunately I binged on an entire pizza on valentines day but the next day I just flushed my system with lots of water.. I'm glad that you've found willpower to overcome your binging urges and got rid of the trigger in your diet :)
  • simbalion85
    simbalion85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is so great to hear. Congratulations!
  • PeaceHappinessBalance
    Options
    Wow, that is great! Keep up the good work!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • Mackenzie106
    Mackenzie106 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep it up. Longest I've been binge-free was 90 days. x