Random breakfast question...

Options
I went to a weight loss doctor last year and she had me follow a lower carb/high protein diet. 1,000-1,200 calories a day, 84-104g of protein, 50-75g of carbs. One of her rules was to eat at least 20g of protein and less than 5g of carbs for breakfast. Is there any particular reason I should keep following this?

I lost 40 pounds following this plan and I've managed to keep the weight off. I hit a plateau back in September and my weight loss stopped. Which of course caused me to become discouraged, not try as hard, blah blah. I'm ready to get back at it. I started reading about plateaus and stumbled across this group - which I love - now, I'm in the process of planning a new approach to weight loss and I'm trying to figure out the best macronutrients and how much to get at each meal. Anyway, your thoughts are appreciated.

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I went to a weight loss doctor last year and she had me follow a lower carb/high protein diet. 1,000-1,200 calories a day, 84-104g of protein, 50-75g of carbs. One of her rules was to eat at least 20g of protein and less than 5g of carbs for breakfast. Is there any particular reason I should keep following this?

It is possible that you were suggested to do this because it may cause you to more easily adhere to your total calorie target for the day. Protein is very satiating so for some people, having a meal that is high protein/low carbohydrate may promote fullness.
  • jenniferevon
    Options
    It is possible that you were suggested to do this because it may cause you to more easily adhere to your total calorie target for the day. Protein is very satiating so for some people, having a meal that is high protein/low carbohydrate may promote fullness.

That could be it! She was probably used to seeing people struggle with that amount of calories. Not hard for me because I've never been a big eater. I'll probably keep at it, just wanted some thoughts. Thank you!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Locking for admin purposes. Please feel free to PM either me or SideSteel if you have further questions, including a link to this thread, and we will unlock so you can do so.
This discussion has been closed.