Talking Dead: Team Rick

Options

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Carl totally stole our only kill. I demand half credit for that one that Rick hit in the head with an axe!

I'm with you, Carl totally stole Rick's kill. Kids, wasteful, never listen to reason. Hopefully Ricks gets himself into a better frame of mind and gets his butt into gear.
    I totally thought we were all going to be zombies this morning too. Yikes. Close one.
  • drsusana
    drsusana Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    So is this week's challenge the same as last?
    The cardio will be up ten minutes, strength and food the same. Mika and Lizzie have to decide on punishment exercises yet, and your captain will add a show inspired challenge or task.

So this week is 250 minutes of cardio - 35.7 minutes a day. Are we going to go up 10 minutes each week? Yikes!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    So is this week's challenge the same as last?
    The cardio will be up ten minutes, strength and food the same. Mika and Lizzie have to decide on punishment exercises yet, and your captain will add a show inspired challenge or task.

So this week is 250 minutes of cardio - 35.7 minutes a day. Are we going to go up 10 minutes each week? Yikes!
    No, not every week. Sometimes it will be something else. Also, it doesn't have to be crazy intense cardio. Any biking or brisk walking etc, can be considered cardio. Everyone will be a bit different on the definition. Walking will be cardio for a beginner, but some of the expert players might not want to count walking as cardio and will only count the times that they are actually exercising at their level. It's all kind of up to each individual.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Morning everyone, I posted the challenge. For some reason I thought Chris wanted to do it and he probably thought I was going to do it. :laugh: We'll get it together better for next week. For now we're just waiting on our winners, Mika and Lizzie, to decide on the punishment exercises. Their captain will be letting everyone know today. I peeked in there earlier and saw a discussion on Burpees. :sad:
  • drsusana
    drsusana Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone, I posted the challenge. For some reason I thought Chris wanted to do it and he probably thought I was going to do it. :laugh: We'll get it together better for next week. For now we're just waiting on our winners, Mika and Lizzie, to decide on the punishment exercises. Their captain will be letting everyone know today. I peeked in there earlier and saw a discussion on Burpees. :sad:

I love burpees! said no one ever.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Mika and Lizzie decided that our punishment exercises is 50 Burpees. You don't have to do them all at once, split them up over the week and include them in your totals when you send them to Chris on Saturday night or you can't be credited for strength training this week.

Oh, and MVPs are always exempt from punishment, unless they want to do them and donate to a Burpee deprived teammate.
  • aprilyankee
    aprilyankee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Of course it's burpees. I HATE burpees. But I was thinking of doing a 30 day burpee challenge next month so this will give me a taste of it.
  • colibri23
    colibri23 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Rick! I just wanted to throw it out there that I don't hate burpees that much (mind you, I never said I liked them). That being said, the first time I ever did a burpee I did this: http://www.blogilates.com/blog/2013/02/22/the-100-burpee-burnout/ because I might be a little crazy, just like Rick. I plan on doing it when I get home from work today, so someone else is welcome to my extra 50 burpees per the challenge rules (or I can split it if needed between multiple people). If I'm feeling super motivated/strong, I might do it again tomorrow or Saturday. Maybe just let me know either here on in a PM if you'd like to have the extras, because if I get multiple requests I'll be more motivated to do the video again in the next two days. So THERE team Mika/Lizzie. Go Team Rick!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Hope everyone had a fantastic week! Don't forget to get your totals in by midnight Central and enjoy the show tomorrow night.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    For myself, I got in my 90 strength training, 260 out of 250 for the cardio and stayed under my calories for the week, on average. Still have 20 Burpees to do this afternoon. :grumble:
  • aprilyankee
    Options
    I had 100 minutes in strength training. I did the burpees. Oh how I hate them. I soooo should have spread them out. I don't think I've ever done that many at once. My abs are killing me, and I didn't even know the affected the abs. I had 390 minutes of cardio.
  • christopherphillips1983
    Options
    Hey guys, sorry I've been quiet this week. I got all of your messages and will plug all of your results into my spreadsheet momentarily.

I came down with pneumonia and spent basically the last four days barely able to get out of bed, so I'm counting myself as inactive this week; your averages will just be from you four since I have absolutely no idea what I ate and God knows I wasn't up doing cardio.
    Options
    Ok, everything's entered into my spreadsheet and averaged out. Our averages for this week were 292.5 minutes of cardio, 96.25 minutes of strength training, and everyone was within their weekly calorie goals! Our strength training average took a hit because last week I racked up over 9 hours of it and this week I was out sick, so the average dropped hugely, but we're still over the minimum. Good job everybody!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Here is this week's punishment exercises. Team Michonne would like us to do this 4 minute "Bring Sally Up" Squat Challenge, 5 times this week.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CswK7e_Bep8
    If you can't access the video, it is 4 minutes of regular squats, but holding in the squat position for a full 3 seconds before rising and squatting again.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Yay, Aprilyankee, on being MVP this week! :drinker:

Go team Carl!
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I love all of Team Carl and Team Rick and I think you've both done amazingly but this is a first-come, first-serve basis. Instead of offering you ten minutes of cardio or strength, with Cindy's permission, I am offering immunity to your punishment to only ONE member of Team Carl and ONE member of Team Rick. This will mean, for one member on Team Rick and one member on Team Carl, I will be doing your punishment for the rest of the week, which is the Sally squats.

If you want this to happen, PM me saying "Team Carl" or "Team Rick" respectively and the first person to message me will be the person I'll do the punishment for. This offer isn't valid to people who have already accepted help from one of my team!

I LOVE YOU, CARL AND RICK! I'll slay those zombies to save you!
  • aprilyankee
    Options
    I love all of Team Carl and Team Rick and I think you've both done amazingly but this is a first-come, first-serve basis. Instead of offering you ten minutes of cardio or strength, with Cindy's permission, I am offering immunity to your punishment to only ONE member of Team Carl and ONE member of Team Rick. This will mean, for one member on Team Rick and one member on Team Carl, I will be doing your punishment for the rest of the week, which is the Sally squats.

If you want this to happen, PM me saying "Team Carl" or "Team Rick" respectively and the first person to message me will be the person I'll do the punishment for. This offer isn't valid to people who have already accepted help from one of my team!

I LOVE YOU, CARL AND RICK! I'll slay those zombies to save you!

Thanks Dazzillionaire for the amazing offer!
  • aprilyankee
    Options
    Yay, Aprilyankee, on being MVP this week! :drinker:

Go team Carl!

Thank you! I feel so honored. I only got it because Chris was sick, we all know it's true. I'm still going to do the punishment exercises because I actually love squats and they are part of my routine anyway. Sally Squats are new to me, but look simple enough. If anyone needs me to do theirs let me know. Let's have another awesome week!
    Options
    I only got it because Chris was sick, we all know it's true.

Hahah. Clearly, I have to come back with a vengeance this week to make up for doing so little last week.
    I'm still going to do the punishment exercises because I actually love squats and they are part of my routine anyway.

Yeah, same here; I saw Dazillion's offer and didn't bother to respond since I don't mind doing squats anyway.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm here to offer minutes to someone in need... any takers? Be first to pm me and they are your:bigsmile: