Looking for wls friends

Options
Hi I had wls on Oct 2013 and would like friends and support. I have been miserable and regretting this since day one, not because I miss my old/bad eating habits but because I have been in pain. I'm working with my doctor to get better but right now I am just regretting this. I am on level 5 diet but I find myself going back to level 1 and 2 because eating hurts, which then leaves me with little to no energy and poor weight loss. I hope everyone else is doing better than I am and would love to learn from your experiences with wls.

Replies

• Rindabu
    Rindabu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I also had wls in Oct 2013 :)
    What did you have done?
  • DivaliciousQueen
    Options
    Gastric bypass
  • stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are having problems. I had rny surgery in August, but had no complications or pain, so I can't really offer any advice other than to continue working with your doctor. But support I can do. Feel free to friend me.

Hope you feel better soon!
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I had my bypass in march 2013 I will never regret it but I am constantly tired and sometimes weak due to vitamin issues that haven't been able to be fixed even with increased vitamins. I would love more wls buddies too, please add me.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I had VSG in October, but thankfully, no complications. Sorry you're struggling.
  • sleepingarby
    Options
    Firstly, I love your user name. Divalicious Queen. I wish I'd thought of that! Second. Once the pain passes and you keep your eyes on the prize you may find your regret fading too. Not everyone has the perfect experience with WLS but your experience can be useful in helping others looking for support. Wishing you the best. Keep on posting. :flowerforyou:
  • billhilly1968
    billhilly1968 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I hope this is an active site. Please feel free to add me as friends so we can chat daily about topics that emerge throughout the day. Looking forward to getting to know you. Sara
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that you are having problems , have you been give a specific reason why this is still causing so much pain?

its been 6 months- you still have some recovery issues??? was it open or scoped?
    who was your surgeon, what does his bariatric nurse say? etc, any other complications?
    food can take longer to tolerate for some than others...
  • Tristaan
    Tristaan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Divalicious feel free to add me. I had my RNY at the end of October. I haven't had many issues, except a few meats that didn't agree with me, probably due to eating too fast or too big bites at a time. Did your Dr tell you any reasons? I hope he/she checked to make sure there's no surgical complication. If there isn't, then it could just be that you are taking a bit longer. One thing I am learning from this group is that EVERYONE is different. :) It is hard not to compare my loss (or what I feel is a lack of loss) to others, but it is just such a personal journey. What exactly can you eat at this point? I lived on chili all winter, with lean ground beef. Fish and shrimp usually are fine for me, as well as beans and dairy. There are a lot of shakes and soft protein bars out there as well. I don't eat anything like I used to, but there are definitely options. I can even usually find something at restaurants or in social situations that I can eat. You just kind of do what you need to do to get your protein and liquids in during these first several months.
  • tabatham1982
    tabatham1982 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friends request :)
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are dealing with complications. That would be difficult and I'm sure I'd regret it, too. Hopefully, before long that pain will go away and you'll be happy about your decision.

Feel free to friend me, too. I got the sleeve, but also had my surgery in October 2013.
  • aliciacollins37
    aliciacollins37 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the board and feel free to friend me :) I had gastric bypass on Jan. 27, 2014. I have been slow on progression with food too. A LOT of foods bother me so I just make sure to get in my proteins in ways that I can tolerate and try little bits of other foods every so often to see how I tolerate them. What kinds of things can you eat? That may help me give you some ideas for other things to try. Most days I need a shake or two to get my calories and protein in. My surgeon and nutritionist don't seem alarmed about the issues I have been having so I just keep plodding along. Some days are better than others. Do you find the same true? If not, maybe they need to delve deeper to make sure there aren't any other issues occurring. I try to be very open and honest with them so they really understand my struggles. I am finding now that I am over the 3 month mark that I can eat a tad more, but not much. Another thing I find true is if I don't drink enough water throughout the day that I have more nausea and in turn have a harder time eating, this is also true if I go too long without eating. I must eat small, protein-rich foods every few hours otherwise food is not my friend! Nobody likes a grumpy pouch :(
    Hang in there and I hope that things turn around soon for you.
    Alicia
  • tompkinsw
    tompkinsw Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are having a bad time.
    I've sent friend requests.