AT HOME workouts...?

Options
2»

Replies

• crsawinton
    crsawinton Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've started doing yoga in the morning and evening, I tried Jillian Michaels 6 week six pack on youtube and loved it, I ordered the dvd to come in tuesday, she kicked my butt but it was hard enough without being too hard, and my inner thighs are still sore two days later!

I also love pintrest for finding exercise ideas, that's where I have gotten my yoga sets from, I listen to an audio book while I do it so I'm more encouraged to go longer. my pintrest name is crsawinton, I've got a pintrest board with a variety of things on there, mostly abs, butt and yoga. (there's also a pin link to Jillians 6 week six pack video, lvl 1.)
  • Sparkrock
    Sparkrock Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I second the Chalene Johnson workouts from Beachbody. Her Chalean Extreme has been described as a "p90X for women." (Which is kind of sexist, but I can see the point, having done both.) She is really motivating and has a great personality. It's a solid weight training program you can do at home and her TurboFire is fun! My heart rate monitor shows that I usually burn between 600-700 cals during a 45 min Turbofire workout.
  • guppyhaven
    guppyhaven Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I recommend http://jessicasmithtv.com for less intense workouts.
  • ztaitaifufu
    ztaitaifufu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I alternate between the 30 Day Shred and the NYC Ballet Workout when I don't make it to the gym. The NYC Ballet Workout (I recommend Vol. 2), is long at an hour-ish, but it's a great workout for flexibility and strength. It's available on youtube. It's more of an actual ballet class than a workout video, so it might be a bit more challenging if you don't have a dance background, but I promise it will work muscles you didn't even know you had!
    i did the nyc ballet workout everyday back in boarding school... have been missing it ever since, thanks for the utube heads up !
  • Kadi82
    Kadi82 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I've done many Chalean, insanity, combat, pump etc but I find I get bored doing the same thing which is required when doing the programs they set out. So I mix it up with those programs but also use fitness blender (fitnessblender.com). I don't burn anywhere near the estimated burn (so the 1000 cal workout is like around 700 cal for me) but its still good.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Definitely Fitness Blender!

Fitnessblender is the best!