Options
Greek Chicken with Olives, Feta and Tomatoes

1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
3/4 cup feta cheese, coarsely crumbled
1/3 cup fresh mint and basil leaves
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
coarse salt and fresh ground black pepper
1 + 1/4 pound thin chicken cutlets (about 4-5)
Optional Marinade:
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

Instructions
In a medium bowl toss the tomatoes, olives, feta and herbs with a tablespoon of oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Heat a grill pan (or an outdoor grill) over medium heat and brush lightly with oil. Season cutlets with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is cooked through (internal temperature of 165 to 174 degrees F) 2-3 minutes per side.
To serve spoon the tomato mixture over chicken.
For Marinade a few hours or the night before:
In a large glass or stainless steel bowl whisk all the marinade ingredients together, season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss well. Cover and store in refrigerator.
Notes
Adapted from Martha Stewart

Read more: http://www.cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com/greek-chicken-with-kalamata-olives-and-feta/#ixzz2fxzLXVLZ

Replies

• TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Chicken Parm Meatballs

1 1/4 pounds ground chicken
    1/2 cup breadcrumbs
    2 tablespoons chopped onion
    1 tablespoon chopped parsley
    1/2 cup Pecorino (or Parm)
    salt to taste
    pepper to taste
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon fennel seeds
    1 egg, whisked
    zest of half a lemon
    3 tablespoons olive oil
    1 14-ounce can storebought pizza sauce
    about 4 ounces fresh mozzarella

Preheat oven to 400°F, setting rack to upper third part of oven. In a large bowl, using your hands, gently mix together first 11 ingredients. Shape into lacrosse-ball size balls (that would be somewhere between golf and tennis) and place a few inches from each other on a foil-lined baking sheet. In a small bowl, mix one spoonful of your pizza sauce with olive oil. Brush this mixture on top of each meatball. Bake for 15 minutes.

Remove meatballs from oven, spoon some sauce on top of each meatball, and cover each with a slice of cheese. Broil another 3 to 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly and golden. Heat remaining sauce in a small saucepan. Serve meatballs with a dollop of sauce and a raw Tuscan kale salad that has been shredded and tossed with shallots, Pecornio, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
  • TakinSexyBack
    Options
    One of my favorite sites is cavemanketo.com He's always coming up with awesome recipes! Here is his recipe for

Kitchen Sink Keto Casserole! (It makes a BIG one, or two!! Make sure you half or even third the recipe if you don't want a ton)!!!

Ingredients
    12 Chicken Thighs (3 packs of 4 or 72 ounces)
    1 Small Onion
    4 Celery Stalks
    24 Oz Jimmy Dean Sausage
    16 Oz Sliced Mushrooms
    16 Oz Frozen Cauliflower
    7 Slices Bacon
    8 Oz Cheddar Cheese, shredded
    16 Oz Cream Cheese
    Paprika to taste (Optional)
    Instructions
    Cook the bacon in the oven at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until crisp
    While the bacon is cooking, prep the rest of the meal
    Chop the chicken thighs into cubes
    Cook in a large pan until the juices run clear and the inside is no longer pink, if your pan is small, you might need to do it in batches
    Brown the sausage
    When the sausage is done, transfer to a large bowl leaving the grease in the pan
    Chop the onion and celery
    Add the onion, celery and mushrooms to the sausage grease and cook until translucent
    Microwave the frozen cauliflower and then cut the florets up
    As you finish the various ingredients, add to the large bowl
    When the chicken is done, drain and add to the bowl
    When the bacon is done, crumble and add to the bowl
    Add the cream cheese and mix
    Add the cheese and mix
    Spread in a large pan and top with paprika if desired
    Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes covered in foil
    Then cook for an additional 10 minutes uncovered
    Notes
    I divided this into 10 when I made this, but it was a ton of food, so I’ve changed it to 12 servings. For maximum efficiency, cook multiple things in parallel, AKA the bacon should be in the oven as the cauliflower is in the microwave as you are cooking the chicken and the sausage / vegetables. It might take a while the first time you make it but it will speed up a lot if you do these things in parallel.

Nutrition Information
    Serves: 12
    Serving size: 290g
    Calories: 598
    Fat: 40
    Carbohydrates: 5
    Fiber: 1
    Protein: 52
  • TakinSexyBack
    Options
    Cavemaketo.com recipe for Cheesy Chicken Casserole

Ingredients
    8 Chicken breasts
    1 Cup Sour Cream
    8 oz Monterey Jack Cheese
    4 oz Diced Green Chiles
    4 tsp Taco Seasoning
    16 oz Green Salsa
    4 Stalks Green Onions
    Instructions
    Cut the chicken breasts into chunks
    Cook the chicken breasts in a pan, if your pan isn’t big enough, do it in batches
    Once the chicken is cooked, drain the excess liquid, in my case I just used the lid of the wok to get most of the liquid out
    Add taco seasoning to the cooked chicken breasts
    Transfer the chicken into a greased pan
    Mix sour cream, chiles and salsa together and pour over chicken
    Cook for 25 minutes at 350 degrees
    Shred the Monterey Jack cheese while the chicken is cooking
    Once the chicken is done, remove and cover in cheese and cook for 5 minutes longer
    Let cool, cut into pieces, transfer to tupperware and garnish with green onions

Nutrition Information
    Serves: 8
    Serving size: ⅛th
    Calories: 351
    Fat: 17
    Carbohydrates: 7
    Fiber: 1
    Protein: 34
  • meg192327
    meg192327 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Do you know about how many carbs are in the Greek chicken? This is my kinda food! Sounds delicious :)
  • TakinSexyBack
    Options
    I punched it in. The recipe alone, without the marinade (per serving) has 310 cals, 6 carbs, 3 fiber, 35 protein, 17 fat and 3 sugar. Net carbs = 3 per serving.

I always like to do anything with sauces or marinades separately since they can be very high in cals and carbs even tho you don't use the entire amount of marinade in the finished product. So, I always do those by themselves as a whole recipe and then track how much I actually eat of it on my food. Seems more fair that way!

The entire marinade recipe has: 640 cals, 9 carbs, 0 fiber, protein and sugar and 17 fat.

Hope this helps!!