Remember to update your goal settings

Options
mulecanter
mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
For those new to MFP, as you lose weight your base calorie expenditures decrease (you are not lugging around all that extra luggage). So, to maintain a constant weight loss rate you have to decrease your calories to stay on that glidepath. Under My Home go to Goals and let the wizard take you through goal setting and your new (hopefully lower) current weight. If your weight has decreased over the past few weeks you will see your new goal calorie level decrease.:angry: While this is no fun, it is necessary to keep your loss rate going. I just reset mine again, another 20 calorie decrease (yay, boo, yay, boo).

Replies

• kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Mostly boo if you ask me. Then when you lose what you want it is a yeah! But it is a solid week of boo first.
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Boo!!! Lesser base calories and lesser calories burned for exercise. :explode:
  • theloftlady
    theloftlady Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Definitely boo! Why are all the essentials things we need to do in life, the hardest!!
  • SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Thanks ... when I first adjusted I felt that I had punished myself with a permanent decrease in food requirement as my non-reward for losing weight!
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I agree with the yay, boo, yay, boo. I'm down 400 calories compared to when I started. But the flip side is that it's a direct result of losing 67 pounds.

Actually, it's definitely a yay!