Workouts

Options
Julie20fan
Julie20fan Posts: 361 Member
How many of you are just starting out and are experimenting with different workouts to find what works for you? One thing to remember to never work the same muscle groups back to back. Give a day for those muscles to replenish and work a different muscle group. Have any of you tried this?

Replies

• graceisfree
    graceisfree Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Will try it out and see
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Will try it out and see

Did you give it a try?
  • morris76058
    morris76058 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I hurt my knee almost 3 weeks ago. My primary care Dr. thinks I tore the meniscus in my knee. So, I'm not getting my workouts in and am barely able to cook and clean the house. Any ideas of a way I can get some exercise in without making my knee worse?
    Thanks. :)
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    I hurt my knee almost 3 weeks ago. My primary care Dr. thinks I tore the meniscus in my knee. So, I'm not getting my workouts in and am barely able to cook and clean the house. Any ideas of a way I can get some exercise in without making my knee worse?
    Thanks. :)

I don't think I would do much of anything. My nephew tore his ACL and meniscus while playing football and I know how much pain he was in. Are you going to have surgery? I would just pay attention to your food intake and listen to what the doctor recommends. How did you do that? I hope you have a speedy recovery.
  • morris76058
    morris76058 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I fell and the twisting while falling is what they think caused it. We are hoping my ACL is ok, but won't know anything for sure until I have a MRI. Because we are self employed, we don't have insurance. So, I'm afraid I will need to have surgery, I'm just trying to find away to make it affordable.

A friend of mine suggesting swimming laps. I think I may go ahead and try that in the next week. Just a little something to stay active.

Thanks for the advice! I have cut back on my calories, fat and carbs.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Thanks, I fell and the twisting while falling is what they think caused it. We are hoping my ACL is ok, but won't know anything for sure until I have a MRI. Because we are self employed, we don't have insurance. So, I'm afraid I will need to have surgery, I'm just trying to find away to make it affordable.

A friend of mine suggesting swimming laps. I think I may go ahead and try that in the next week. Just a little something to stay active.

Thanks for the advice! I have cut back on my calories, fat and carbs.

I hope you do not have a tear as well in the ACL. Yes, being in the water I would imagine would help with not putting stress on the knee. Take your time and do what you can. You are staying focused and that is the most important thing. You don't want to add any extra stress to that knee.