Day 2. EXHAUSTED.

Options
So, I did the day 2 cardio workout this morning before work- so that has me starting at 5:20 am. I am EXHAUSTED today. And feeling really dehydrated. Was planning on doing it before work most days, but now seriously rethinking it.
It's crazy. I'm used to going to the gym before work, but I guess that's just more than I am used to doing so early in the day.

Anyone who has done the program before: did you have this issue of being drained after the fist work out? Do I just need to get used to it?

Also, I am so freaking sore now from yesterday's fit test and this morning's workout (already!) Walking upstairs at my office was a struggle! (though part of me loves it!)

Replies

• Flyingsolo07
    Options
    I've never done the workouts in the mornings. I always do it as soon as I get home from work. I can't imagine myself doing that before going into work. I'd fall asleep at my desk.

I definitely felt drained the first time I started this. I would say that you'll get used to waking up early and doing a strong physical excercise. However, because you have to push yourself as hard as you can each day, and you'll only be getting stronger, then each day should potentially feel like the first. I'm not sure you'll ever get used to it, and personally if I start getting used to it then I feel like i'm not pushing myself hard enough.

Agreed, I'm pretty sore. Hell, i'm glad we don't have steps in my office. Just getting in and out of my chair hurts.
  • KatyFace9801
    KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I know! I wish I could post pictures on here. me the day after starting insanity: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/91901648620274938/
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I do my workouts in the morning, generally because THE DAY happens and getting it done first thing is the only way to ensure it'll get done. I completed Insanity before, my workouts were done 5:30-6:15 month one, 5:30-6:30 month two. In terms of exhaustion - you have to make sure you fuel your body and get ample sleep the night before.

I too was accustomed to going to the gym in the morning, but while doing Insanity ... my hunger is through the roof. I notice that if I have a steady stream of snacks / fruits and eat every couple hours I feel great and energized. When I stretch meals out further I feel sluggish.
  • caatredactual
    Options
    for whatever reason I ****ed up yesterday and did the fit test and disc two the cardio and I guesss ill do the cardio agan today, I feel good today, super motivated but I have to go to so-cal Thursday-sunday and that's gonna mess up my calendar and progress,(im a former marine and will be around my marines lol) and so I gues today and tomorrow ill do my best but I gotta start over next monday
  • MountainMoverJosh
    Options
    This is where a bit of organic chemistry comes into play. Pay attention to your salt intake. Salt is what makes neurons fire. If you drink too much water, you will not be properly hydrated. If you have too much salt, you will not be getting enough water. Pay attention to that. Potassium too (found in milk, spinach, and potatoes).

If you are just getting into it, HIIT takes some getting used to. Work out about 30 minutes after a meal, so the food settles, and starts being digested. That may help you. Never do HIIT on an empty stomach.

Research and use some recovery formulas. You will need them for this routine. My go-to is just a protein milkshake, with some variations. You don't have to use the same one that Shaun T pitches at the end of every workout.

I hope this helps!
  • MountainMoverJosh
    Options
    for whatever reason I ****ed up yesterday and did the fit test and disc two the cardio and I guesss ill do the cardio agan today, I feel good today, super motivated but I have to go to so-cal Thursday-sunday and that's gonna mess up my calendar and progress,(im a former marine and will be around my marines lol) and so I gues today and tomorrow ill do my best but I gotta start over next monday

If you can, try and see if you can do a morning/night double up on a day or two (not back to back). It would be intense, but you can stay on track with the team. Either way, we are here!
  • NyxButterfly
    NyxButterfly Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow.....

^This is my reply to the workout
  • Artificer22
    Artificer22 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    They get better. Trust me they do. The first week is rough. Insanity is so unlike most other workout plans. I do my workout at 545 am, only time of the day that Im not crazy as all hell. I get hungry over the course of the day, so i snack smart.
  • StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    So glad it's not just me.... End of the day and my muscles are SCREAMING at me! :)
  • lauraashley09
    lauraashley09 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Today I was EXHAUSTED, as well. I took a nap mid afternoon and did not want to get up. I feel a lot better now. I think it was because I didn't have barely any protein before.
  • kawatson61
    kawatson61 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow, yeah, Day 2 happened. I just can't get the hang of all these hardcore push-ups when I'm just now trying to do regular ones! My plan is to do Day 3 tomorrow AM..... if I get out of bed. Good thing I have "Get to work b**ch" as my alarm. ;)
  • cpcoursec
    cpcoursec Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I did mine tonight, but may try it first thing in the morning. My fear is getting really sore and by the time night time comes, just blowing it off. Maybe a good idea to just get it out of the way first thing and be done with it.
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Squeezed Day 2 in at the end of the day. Really glad I pushed through. It wasn't any less tough, but I finished. At about 10:00, I was sitting thinking I would wait and do Day 2 first thing in the morning. Then I literally said "You can't start making excuses to put it off already, it's only Day 2!!". No queasiness today, which is fabulous. I can deal with being sore or out of breath, I can't deal with nausea. Kind of a phobia I have,

Congratulations to all everyone on Day 2!!! Let's keep going!!!
  • MizMouRin
    Options
    Day 2 - Completed. *yay!* I was actually able to get myself motivated to do the workout in the a.m., something I am going to strive for to make a regular thing >I always wanted to be like one of those people who could get up out of bed every morning & go for a brisk 5:30 a.m. jog before going about the rest of the day (& yes, I would love to live my life like a scene from an awesome granola bar commercial..)< I am 2 days into making that my reality ;) ..

I was feeling great after the workout, maybe even like I could have done another. But as the day progressed I started to feel the pain & stiffness of my muscles sink in & nag at me through my fading "runner's high".. I'm going to keep trying to do the a.m. workouts as much as I can, because once the day really does start to HAPPEN it's hard to find the time & the motivation to get it done later.

I'm excited to see so many people THIS motivated to succeed!
  • littlecely
    littlecely Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow, yeah, Day 2 happened. I just can't get the hang of all these hardcore push-ups when I'm just now trying to do regular ones! My plan is to do Day 3 tomorrow AM..... if I get out of bed. Good thing I have "Get to work b**ch" as my alarm. ;)

The push-ups kill me too. I do modified ones most of the time but I´m starting to try and do them properly little by little.
  • ania_w1981
    Options
    My favourite excercise in Day 2 was the stretches :wink:

but seriously, I could hardly keep up! during that military drill thing, I was on my first push up when they were already jumping up! I think this was the worse part. This and the oblique plank thing, or whatever you call it. Oh, and I am SORE today
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do day 2 tonight I took last night off.. My husband took me out.. so tonight I have a date with Shaun T!!!
  • vslnrunner
    vslnrunner Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Kickin my butt!
  • kawatson61
    Options
    Getting excited for Day 3!
  • kawatson61
    Options
    & yes, I would love to live my life like a scene from an awesome granola bar commercial..

lol ^^^^ this!