2-18-14

Options
Daily thread

Replies

• pologirl1
    pologirl1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Completed week 1 day 1. I like to run very early in the morning before the neighbors are wake to see :smile:
    Challenges for today include a very stressful meeting at work with lots of candy and sweets laying around and a birthday dinner for my niece .
  • LisaEngle2014
    LisaEngle2014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! I want so badly to run in the morning, but I just don't seem to be able to get up. I used to run in the mornings and it set a great stage for the whole day. Maybe I will set that as a goal for next week. :happy:

Ugh, those darn candy and sweets. I am thankful that today is Healthy Snack Tuesday at work today since I forgot my fruit. But then again, some people's idea of a healthy snack around here is far reaching. LOL

As far as the dinner tonight, what I have found helpful is to look at the menu online and plan what you are going to have and figure out the calories for that. Make sure you leave yourself enough calories at the end of the day. If I know ahead of time what I will be having, I won't pick up the menu and be tempted by all of the yummies.

Good luck tonight!
  • JakeMcl2012
    Options
    I ran the Week 1 Day 1 twice, once in the morning and once in the evening yesterday. I'm really excited to do Week one day 2 today! :)
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    today was a lot harder to complete my run, my legs felt like i was dragging lead through treacle. I had to really push myself with my last run. I know that this is probably due to not having a rest day and today was my third in a row. but this is how we've got to play it. But it also could have to do with my throat feeling like ive swallowed razor blades.
    But on the flip side we cover 2.98k, up from 2.9 yesterday and was pleased with yesterdays achievement.
    I have two days off C25K but have kick-boxing tomorrow and karate on Thursday. Back at it on Friday.
  • FocusKimFocus
    FocusKimFocus Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Long hard work day (at my desk) and I have to go back to work again tonight. I got home, had a quick meal and somehow dragged myself out to do a repeat of W1D1. I thought I was doing day 2, but I must have pushed the wrong button on my app. I feel much better now - work was stressful, but the exercise really helped. Now back to work for an hour or so. I'm going skiing (downhill) tomorrow morning, so back at it on Thurs.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Desk job (from home) here, LONG stressful day, then dental appt (more sitting), so a later than usual start for my "run". Prefer going out earlier as it gets hotter here as the day wears on and Tucson (Az) is having a heat streak right now.

I'm on W3D2 and I've noticed the difference from W2 (had to turn my headset up so I wouldn't hear myself wheeze :ohwell: ) LOL

Walked an additional hour to get rest of my work out in and looking forward to rest day tomorrow (I walk every day so not really a rest day, lol)

I'm using Zen C25K Free since it syncs nicely with MFP.
  • gtdattitude
    gtdattitude Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I finished w2d3 today. I am considering changing my training approach because of issues with my treadmill. The treadmill does not like intervals it increases fine but when I decrease speed it will not stay at a steady speed at times it will almost stop.... so annoying. If I stick with running (I don't love it yet) I will buy myself a new one next month :)
  • DebinMelbourne
    DebinMelbourne Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It's my non-running day, so I took a Pilates class at my local gym. Pilates has really helped my lower back issues.
  • LMRoses
    LMRoses Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Just did W1D2 this evening, and didn't feel as good as Day 1. I guess the muscles and everything are still in shock and thinking if they protest, I'll stop. Well I didn't stop! I did skip two runs, as I was fairly sure I was going to vomit, but I did the first 4 sets of one minute, and skipped 5 and 7. Still feel good for having done it, and tucking into some lean steak and roasted veggies! Have a great day all.
  • gretagirl2013
    Options
    I took two days off after W1D1 and was terrified that I wouldn't get back out there so I went out over my lunch break along a beautiful park. Gorgeous weather post-snow, and it felt surprisingly great! May try to sneak Tuesday runs into my lunch hour since it's hard to get away with a child at home!
  • gretagirl2013
    Options
    Just did W1D2 this evening, and didn't feel as good as Day 1. I guess the muscles and everything are still in shock and thinking if they protest, I'll stop. Well I didn't stop! I did skip two runs, as I was fairly sure I was going to vomit, but I did the first 4 sets of one minute, and skipped 5 and 7. Still feel good for having done it, and tucking into some lean steak and roasted veggies! Have a great day all.

Good for you!! It takes SO much strength and determination to persevere like that. :-)
  • LMRoses
    Options
    Thankyou :) Hoping I hold onto enough of that strength and determination to tackle Day 3 on Friday!
  • gretagirl2013
    Options
    Thankyou :) Hoping I hold onto enough of that strength and determination to tackle Day 3 on Friday!

You can do it, girl!! Listen to your body and continue to walk more if you need to. Last time doing this, I quit during week 3 (for no good reason). This time, I am determined to keep going, repeating weeks as much as necessary! Heck, even if we kept repeating week 1, it's more than we've been doing, right?!
  • pologirl1
    pologirl1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all those sticking with it and completing C25K. I have noticed several people posting that they are completing the program on consecutive days. The app I have only has three running days per week and suggests skipping a day between running days. This is what I plan to do, but am still doing other exercise on the off days.
  • LMRoses
    Options
    Heck, even if we kept repeating week 1, it's more than we've been doing, right?!

Very good point! Thanks for the motivation :D
  • Mandy_SD
    Mandy_SD Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you're close to vomiting you may be going to fast. Don't worry about speed at this point. Everything I've read about c25k says speed will come with time. The beginning is more about conditioning your body to run. Great job on not stopping and listening to your body :happy:
  • Mandy_SD
    Mandy_SD Posts: 29 Member
    Options