Blender for bulletproof coffee?

Options
butterfli7o
butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
Hi all, I'm dying to try this tomorrow. For those who drink BPC, have you have any luck with a hand-held immersion blender? I don't want it going everywhere tomorrow morning...

Replies

• Fit_in_Folsom
    Fit_in_Folsom Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    It should work just fine. Make sure your coffee is really hot to melt the KGold and you should be good.
  • 3lilkids
    3lilkids Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Don't fill your cup more than 2/3 full the first time. I put my butter and coconut oil in first, than hot coffee and let it sit for a minute or two so the oil/butter starts to melt, and then use the immersion blender. Works great every time.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    A handheld immersion blender is the only thing that finally made me fall in love with BP coffee. I have an all metal one (Bamix) and I blend the coffee in the tall cup that it comes with or a glass measuring cup, then pour it back in my mug. The Bamix doesn't spill if one is super careful but I'm not super careful when I first wake up.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    It also helps to leave the butter out for a bit to soften up.
  • citizen55555
    citizen55555 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's way easier to not use a blender. I bought a Contigo autoseal coffee mug and I just shake the brew to get it to mix well. You might need to leave a little room at the top or fill 3/4 then shake and add more coffee. Just be careful the first time you hit the drink button as the it may have a little pressure built up but nothing too bad.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    It's way easier to not use a blender. I bought a Contigo autoseal coffee mug and I just shake the brew to get it to mix well. You might need to leave a little room at the top or fill 3/4 then shake and add more coffee. Just be careful the first time you hit the drink button as the it may have a little pressure built up but nothing too bad.

Shaking didn't work for me. If the fat is not fully emulsified, I don't enjoy it. Not only that, the explosion of hot liquid on opening the container after shaking was not something I enjoyed. But I can see that it might work ok for some if they aren't picky and don't mind getting burned. lol
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I used my immersion blender today and it worked beautifully.
  • mandabrett
    mandabrett Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    A blender bottle that is made for protein shakes works great.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    An immersion blender works great- just make sure you use a really big container or you'll be wearing your coffee.