Mid Week Updates

Options
Julie20fan
Julie20fan Posts: 361 Member
Hey Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well. How has your week been so far? Mine has been great. Staying focused and working out and making sure I am eating clean. Love my early morning workouts with my hubby who has now decided to join me in getting healthier. He is what helps me push harder and I am extremely proud of him. He's lost 12 pounds so far.

I will be leaving tomorrow evening to go to Puerto Rico for 10 days. I will be checking in, but my Friday post might be a little late getting up. Please feel free to post topics of discussion to keep each other motivated.

Replies

• mallen40
    mallen40 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That is great! It is always nice if your significant other will take the journey with you. It makes it so much more easier when planning meals and it gives you time together when working out. My husband has joined the gym and plans to get back in this week. He is recovering from an injury that has kept him from going for the past 2 weeks. Have a great time in Puerto Rico!!
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    That is great! It is always nice if your significant other will take the journey with you. It makes it so much more easier when planning meals and it gives you time together when working out. My husband has joined the gym and plans to get back in this week. He is recovering from an injury that has kept him from going for the past 2 weeks. Have a great time in Puerto Rico!!

That's such great news Melissa. So happy your husband is going back to the gym. Hope he is completely healed before attempting anything. Tell him to go light on himself for the first week and then make a change when he's ready.

This will be my second time going to Puerto Rico. My husband's mother, father and sister are all over there. It's going to be a nice break and much needed for the hubby. Have a great rest of the week.
  • morris76058
    morris76058 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Have fun on your trip!

My husband did really well and lost 100lbs with me. But, he has returned to his unhealthy eating habits. I've been nagging him, and that hasn't worked. I have eliminated unhealthy foods from my house and I make all of our meals. This is really helping my whole family.

I kept asking my husband why he doesn't seem to mind that he isn't losing anymore weight and has in fact regained about 10 pounds. He never really answered me. Then I remembered all the times I would be crying or frustrated because everyone noticed his weight loss and not mine. He is a guy, he lost faster and he has always had less to lose. People notice my weight loss ALL time time now, in fact, it embarrasses me (be careful what you wish for). So, I point blank asked him if he was purposely not losing weight because of me and my feelings. Yep, that's exactly what he was doing. I told him that I want him to be healthy! Yes, I'm envious that he is closer to goal than I am, but that's ok, I will get there! I appreciate him caring for my feelings, but certainly not at the risk to his health!

Since we had that conversation, he has gotten back on track and is eating so much better. I am happy that I have the support of my best friend. I will cheer him on, even when he can lose at twice the rate I can! LOL
    I will make sure that my insecurities don't cause him to put his health on the back burner.

OK, sorry for my really long post!
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Have fun on your trip!

My husband did really well and lost 100lbs with me. But, he has returned to his unhealthy eating habits. I've been nagging him, and that hasn't worked. I have eliminated unhealthy foods from my house and I make all of our meals. This is really helping my whole family.

I kept asking my husband why he doesn't seem to mind that he isn't losing anymore weight and has in fact regained about 10 pounds. He never really answered me. Then I remembered all the times I would be crying or frustrated because everyone noticed his weight loss and not mine. He is a guy, he lost faster and he has always had less to lose. People notice my weight loss ALL time time now, in fact, it embarrasses me (be careful what you wish for). So, I point blank asked him if he was purposely not losing weight because of me and my feelings. Yep, that's exactly what he was doing. I told him that I want him to be healthy! Yes, I'm envious that he is closer to goal than I am, but that's ok, I will get there! I appreciate him caring for my feelings, but certainly not at the risk to his health!

Since we had that conversation, he has gotten back on track and is eating so much better. I am happy that I have the support of my best friend. I will cheer him on, even when he can lose at twice the rate I can! LOL
    I will make sure that my insecurities don't cause him to put his health on the back burner.

OK, sorry for my really long post!

Kim,

You are right. Men typically lose faster than women. Continue to encourage and praise each other the entire way. Before long you are going to be known as the "sexy couple" who did it together and lost weight. There is nothing like having the person you love join in on the journey with you. Keep a smile on your face. You are both going to be so proud of each other once you are there. Take small steps with each other. I am so proud of you both.