Low carb/High fibre

Options
foomsy
foomsy Posts: 222 Member
I am on a low carb diet and cannot seem to get a lot of fibre a day.
Please can you recommend foods with high fibre and low in carbs.
Thanks

Replies

• karryann2008
    Options
    Flaxseed is what I eat if I need to up my fibre
  • jessicamoye33
    jessicamoye33 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't add fiber. I get mine from veggies. Some people add psyllium (sp) husks. Metamucil used to have a sugar free version.
  • crafty_65
    Options
    I have been adding two tbl spoons of black chia seeds (1 net carb) to Chobani plain yogurt (7 carbs) and one packet of splenda.
  • Roze_Lintje
    Roze_Lintje Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Avocados are high in fibre and high in fat :)
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I bought psyllium husk powder on Amazon (available at health food stores and sometimes sold in pill form at pharmacies) and add it to anything I'm cooking with a sauce. It kind of thickens the sauce, but doesn't taste like anything. I do find, however, that it helps me feel more full. It's pure fiber.
  • foomsy
    foomsy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the various options. Will try some out and see how it goes.
  • mjrose514
    mjrose514 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bump! Was wondering the same thing!
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I make flax muffin in a minute. I use it as a hamburger bun or toast it. super easy and high fibre low carb

1 egg, 1/4c flaxmeal, 1/2 tsp baking powder & 1 T melted coconut oil. Nuke for 1 minute. Yummy!
  • marymom
    marymom Posts: 26
    Options
    That sounds yummy. Do you find eating a 1/4c of flax at one time, or even per day too much, digestive issuewise?
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy. Do you find eating a 1/4c of flax at one time, or even per day too much, digestive issuewise?

Not at all! I drink a lot of water & to be honest I've always had issues with constipation so it keeps me regular. (sorry TMI I know.)

As a side note, I make it in a ramakin which is the perfect size for a burger bun or breakfast sandwich.
  • marymom
    marymom Posts: 26
    Options
    Im going to make it tomorrow. Thanks!