Stubborn Belly Fat, Plz Help!

Options
Ok so when I started (and actually stuck with it)exercising and trying to lose weight back in July of last year, I was going to lose a good chunk of my weight. I weighed 127lbs and wanted to be down to 100lbs. I know, I know, probably not good. But now I'm down to 113lbs and I can honestly say that I don't feel like I should lose anymore weight. I'm 5'6 and happily thin :) the only problem is my stomach. I'm thin everywhere else except my gut. I'm almost finished with Insanity for the second time (only 2 weeks left) and I've been adding squats and dead lifts with weights to the routine as well. And that is because I'd like to build some muscle in my thighs and I eventually want a lean stomach, but I don't know what I should do. Should I keep trying to lose weight to get the stomach fat off? Or focus on weight training? Like I said, this is my first time sticking to losing weight, so I'm still pretty new to all of this. Any and all advice is appreciated!

Replies

• NoehmiEsquivel
    NoehmiEsquivel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't* loose anymore weight.
    Also
    *bump*
  • 03sugabears
    Options
    Doesn't sound like you need to loose anymore weight lol. but i had a baby 5 months ago i understand the gut problem.. have u thought about ab workouts? and lower adominal? i just started mine and can feel a difference. And hopefully get rid of my fat. Well good luck!!! plus having abs while being thin is almost everyones dream lol
  • wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Hi Purplegirl, congratulations on your weight loss and sticking with it! I applaud you for that!!

I am 5'5" and went from 124 to 116 and still had a gut. I have gotten close to the 6-pack I desire but just cannot seem to achieve it. My thighs have slimmed down, but there isn't the muscle definition I crave. I have been doing the t25 workouts and have 2-1/2 weeks of the 2nd round of Gamma to finish. I do an abs challenge every month. Once T25 ends I have decide to go back to weight lifting to see if that will create the change I am looking for.

What are you currently doing to work your abs? I have a Roman Chair and am using it to do side twist and sit ups, I am using my power tower for straight leg lifts. I have seen an increase of strength in my leg lifts. I feel the muscles working in the twist. However I did have a set back in my eating habit since Super Bowl Sunday and my weight is up. I am back on track and am losing what I gained.

I am also doing a lunge/squat challenge 30 days on 15 days off. It seems to be making a difference, as I noticed the last time through the lunge holds were easier.

I have played with my macros but I am still an emotional/stress eater so I cannot tell if it has done any good. I am hoping I can go 6 weeks without any emo eating and that should give me results. I have set my macros at 50, 20, 30.
  • lilbrowngirl
    lilbrowngirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and about 106.9 right now and hoping to get down to 100. I've been doing bar method and I've seen good results with my arms and legs and and I'm starting to see it in my stomach.

I think maybe building some strength in that area and making sure you're drinking a lot of water could also help.
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am the same! I got so close when I was dead lifting real heavy. Then I thought I wanted to cut down so I did lots of cardio and I ended up getting nowhere and I was flabby so now I am trying to bulk up my lean muscle again and just walking for my cardio instead of running and I notice a difference the day after I do a good abs session. Keeping macros in check is important too! Compound movements like barbell squats, deadlifts and bench/ overhead presses are the most important as they engage more muscles and one of my bodybuilding friends said that for every kg of lean muscle mass you put on you burn an extra 100-200 calories a day!
  • NoehmiEsquivel
    Options
    Doesn't sound like you need to loose anymore weight lol. but i had a baby 5 months ago i understand the gut problem.. have u thought about ab workouts? and lower adominal? i just started mine and can feel a difference. And hopefully get rid of my fat. Well good luck!!! plus having abs while being thin is almost everyones dream lol
    Lol yea I don't really want to lose anymore weight. But I recently started this thing cakes Tone It Up. I'm going that helps a bit
  • NoehmiEsquivel
    Options
    Hi Purplegirl, congratulations on your weight loss and sticking with it! I applaud you for that!!

I am 5'5" and went from 124 to 116 and still had a gut. I have gotten close to the 6-pack I desire but just cannot seem to achieve it. My thighs have slimmed down, but there isn't the muscle definition I crave. I have been doing the t25 workouts and have 2-1/2 weeks of the 2nd round of Gamma to finish. I do an abs challenge every month. Once T25 ends I have decide to go back to weight lifting to see if that will create the change I am looking for.

What are you currently doing to work your abs? I have a Roman Chair and am using it to do side twist and sit ups, I am using my power tower for straight leg lifts. I have seen an increase of strength in my leg lifts. I feel the muscles working in the twist. However I did have a set back in my eating habit since Super Bowl Sunday and my weight is up. I am back on track and am losing what I gained.

I am also doing a lunge/squat challenge 30 days on 15 days off. It seems to be making a difference, as I noticed the last time through the lunge holds were easier.

I have played with my macros but I am still an emotional/stress eater so I cannot tell if it has done any good. I am hoping I can go 6 weeks without any emo eating and that should give me results. I have set my macros at 50, 20, 30.
    Currently, I'm doing the tone it up workouts and weight lifting with my barbell. I don't have a gym membership so I can only do at home workouts. Once it warms up, I'll be back to running again
  • NoehmiEsquivel
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and about 106.9 right now and hoping to get down to 100. I've been doing bar method and I've seen good results with my arms and legs and and I'm starting to see it in my stomach.

I think maybe building some strength in that area and making sure you're drinking a lot of water could also help.
    Thanks! Yea I'm currently trying it the barbell as well. Kinda sucks though, cuz my wife's only go up to 50lbs. No job or money for agym membership or more weights at the moment :/
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I would say up the weight training. Lifting weights does wonders for body recomp.

Also what are your MACROs set at? If you start doing more weight training and muscle building you should look into lowering your carbs and increasing your protein.

Its true what they say: Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.