Frustrated...

Options
Hi everyone ; )

Im trying to loose body fat for my wedding in August. My diary is open so feel free to have a look at where you think I am going wrong... Cause it's just NO HAPPENING!! I've been working out and eating clean (80/20) since the start of the year and have only lost 2.5 lbs and 2% body fat. I am 5ft 4 and 128lbs. I had a week at the start if feb which was a bit of a set back (hence no data) but other than that, the only thing I can think of which is holding me back is that i am eating back my exercise calories most days (which I take it I am supposed to be doing!) tracking MFP method. I am being very honest with my tracking and weigh food on digital scales.

I only started tracking my strength training today and I am starting to build a lot more of this into my workouts, rather than just spin and HIIT classes which my training has been predominantly so far this year, and to be honest for the last 10 years.

Any help would be most appreciated as I don't have time to waste to loose those inches!!

You are all doing amazing by the way, I envy you all and your progress on a daily basis ; )

Replies

• becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are frustrated. Been there, done that. I will take a look but I am new to the site so I will be as helpful as I can. YOu can look at my diary too. One difference is that my goal weight is your actual weight. : ) So I think you are great already!

I am trying to eat back some of my exercise calories but not all of them. Some days I do..... I am just playing with it the first few weeks to see what works. I know I am kinda hungry right now with my net 1200 a day.. but I am seeing some results. However once I up my workouts I need to up the food. It is a confusing issue. Since you and I are both trying to lose.
  • ittybittychubchub
    Options
    It could be that you're consuming too much sugar. Depending on your body type (endomorph, ectomorph, mesomorph) the amount of sugar in your diet could be hurting your attempts at losing fat.
  • Catjayne2009
    Catjayne2009 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah sugar is something I struggle to manage. I cut it out totally for 7weeks last year whilst I did some personal training and it did help but I struggled to maintain it. Left to my own will I could eat it all day but using MFP helps to keep it to a decent level. Thanks for this ittybiitychub, and I must admit I've not heard of the different body types you mentioned so will check that out too..... Mmmmm interesting!!!!

And becs3578, thank u for your kind words. You are right we are on a similar journey and your progress has been amazing ; ) . It's seems like if you keep doing what you are doing then you will be at goal in no time. So good on ya for all your efforts! I struggle on 1300 a day most days as I think I eat when I'm bored, that's why I almost always eat back some exercise calories. I don't know how you cope on 1200!
  • Catjayne2009
    Options
    Just went on http://www.superskinnyme.com/endomorph-body-type.html and I'm an endomorph 100%! Thank you soo much for this tip ittybiitychub as it totally describes my body shape and diet issues I have. I actually feel happier for knowing this and that I just have to accept that my friends can do little exercise, eat crap and be skinny, I just have to continue to work my *kitten* off to get there!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i thought 2.5% bodyfat is good for that time frame, given that you are a normal weight anyway?
  • Catjayne2009
    Options
    I think it's because I lost that in the first couple of weeks and have not changed since- that's why I'm frustrated tavistocktoad but I see your point. Just weighed myself again and no change again : ( ...but I'm not giving up!
  • icha3x
    icha3x Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    maybe its not the number of your weight that you should look at? have you taken physical measurements? how are you measuring bodyfat? from a scale or calipers? remember that muscle weighs more than fat and adding strength training will affect what your scale says. How do you feel in your clothes?