February MFP Mileage challenge!

2»

Replies

• Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Hey everyone!! Hope everyone is doing well, and had a happy valentine's day!!

Sorry about the cruches Mel, and glad to see you running Leanz!

Did two halfs this weekend, did the first slow, so I would have energy left for the 2nd one, and I scored a 2nd place in my age group (that I will leave soon he he). The course was rolling, but not too bad, finished in 1:58 and had a strong finish!! I had actually planned on just doing 6 for the second, but when I got to 6 miles I thought i should go to double digits.. And then when double digits came along, I thought, heck I will just go the rest.

And on a personal note: I ran this race last year - 2 days after my father passed (and he would have wished that), and did horrible, so this time - I felt that he pushed me along a bit. It felt nice.
  • shellyb2017
    shellyb2017 Posts: 119 Member
    Cooriander ... Girl, you are still rockin' it! Congratulations on the back-to-back half marathons! Yes, I know your dad would be proud! Keep running strong - are you running the MB Divas Half again this year?
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Cooriander - a fabulous achievement - well done you!!

Another tiny run today and it is still hurting. :sad:
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    10 days left in the month. I updated the spreadsheet -- most folks are right where they need to be, with about a third of their mileage left. Keep it up, everyone!
  • I added my miles for the rest of the month because needed to see where I was going to be right before Taper week. But it looks like with Taper week I will meet my goal this month YAY!!!
  • davemunger
    I added my miles for the rest of the month because needed to see where I was going to be right before Taper week. But it looks like with Taper week I will meet my goal this month YAY!!!

Awesome!

It's fine to pre-log miles; they won't show up on the monthly tally (the second page of the spreadsheet) until the date actually arrives. But if you pre-log and then don't actually run those miles, make sure you remove them!
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    I added another 2 miles to my run today. Now, I'm only 6 miles behind schedule.
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    I broke my toe this past Sunday and I haven't been able to run since, but I'm hoping once the pain disappears completely I can still meet my goal.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Ran a little shy of 1.50 miles~just to see what the leg thought. So far, so good! Will access in the morning to see. YAY! I ran!!!
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Good to see the so far so good part! Keep it up:)
  • davemunger
    Ran a little shy of 1.50 miles~just to see what the leg thought. So far, so good! Will access in the morning to see. YAY! I ran!!!

...and I see you ran even farther on Sunday -- awesome!

5 days left in February, with most folks still on track! Finish strong!
  • davemunger
    Two days left, and 19 miles to reach 250. My workout schedule only has 18 miles on it. I guess I should probably figure out some way to get one measly little extra mile in :)
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Crossed the finish line with 5 miles this morning - 119 for the month now.

Should get another 5 - 7 miles in between tonight and tomorrow - which would be my second straight all time monthly high.

Now... to plan out March.

Thanks again, Dave for keeping this going. It is such a great motivator.
  • davemunger
    Crossed the finish line with 5 miles this morning - 119 for the month now.

Should get another 5 - 7 miles in between tonight and tomorrow - which would be my second straight all time monthly high.

Now... to plan out March.

Thanks again, Dave for keeping this going. It is such a great motivator.

Awesome! Congrats on the record.

I ran 6.9 this morning; I've got 12.45 left to go and two 6-milers in the plan; I think I'm going to get there!
  • davemunger
    Time to get started setting your March goals! Here's the spreadsheet:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1212683-march-mfp-mileage-challenge

Don't forget that there are 5 weekends this month, so be ambitious setting your goals!

Also, I got lazy and made an 8-day week for the final week. Hope this isn't too confusing but it makes things much easier on my end!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    definitely need more weekends - that is when I definitely run :bigsmile:
  • davemunger
    6.52 left to get to 250! Should be able to get this tomorrow!
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Well - some running done this month - hopefully the mileage will increase next month - hate the thought of having to give up running
    :cry:
  • davemunger
    Got 6.63 this morning to just squeak in ahead of my goal at 250.11 for the month. I've updated the spreadsheet but I will probably do one more update to make sure everyone has had a chance to record their miles.

So far 9 runners have reached their goal and 6 are within 10% -- great job everyone! Don't forget to sign up for March!
  • Got 6.63 this morning to just squeak in ahead of my goal at 250.11 for the month. I've updated the spreadsheet but I will probably do one more update to make sure everyone has had a chance to record their miles.

So far 9 runners have reached their goal and 6 are within 10% -- great job everyone! Don't forget to sign up for March!

Great job Dave!!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Need advice on increasing miles.

Signed up for 50 miles in Feb and got in over 60 so far (still plan on a run today of between 3& 5 miles).
    Would like to increase goal for March--would 10% over what I do this month be about right? I think my biggest issue is when I have a rest day it turns into 2 or 3. (used to have knee pain but that is much better).

My goals: Get ready for a trail run of 5 miles at the end of April and a 10 mile race in October.
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    I got injured and took a week off to RICE. So did not meet my goal. :(

Had the weirdest floating pain up and down my leg. Sore enough to make me limp.

I suspected everything from a stress fracture to shin splints after overdoing it with quality runs, but after talking to the queen of the run this weekend (aka my best running partner who taught me to run long distances) I took a trip to the chiro to sort out a trapped sciatic nerve. Turned out she was right and looking back I had symptoms as long as a month ago starting with a plantar fasciitis type of pain in my foot. Chiro says pain should subside within 2-3 days.

Anyhows. Here's hoping that I will be back on the road sooner rather than later!