Mid Week Checking In!

Options
jobell2355
jobell2355 Posts: 49 Member
Hi Everyone! I decided to do a hump day check in. Hope you are all doing well and staying focused. As of right now I definitely am. I get up and get my workout done at 6:30 am so that nothing can get in the way. I know me and if I wait til later in the day I can find excuses.

I am doing Beachbody's Focus T25 plus yoga afterwards and am getting a really good burn so far. I am also eating as clean as I can and thanks to all of you I am looking forward to this 10 week journey and beyond. Keep at it everyone. We got this!

Replies

• Skinny59Bitch
    Options
    I admire people who manage to get their workouts in during the early hours of the day, because I simply cannot get out of bed in the morning! Well done and Im loving your motivation :D
  • kodji67
    kodji67 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My week is going good too! I was thinking it would be nice to come up with some mini-challenges or goals to work towards in the short term. Just so as to have some excitement aside from the final result after 10 weeks. Anyone else interested or have ideas?

I have been working out in the morning too, I'm on week 3 of 12 doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, and on her cardio days I've been subbing in other workouts. My toddlers are doing some of the workouts with me - so cute!

Hope you are all feeling those endorphins :) Go team!
  • Jmcbryan570
    Jmcbryan570 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It was just about finding the right intensity for me in the morning. Jillian's Body Revolution or some Denise Austin DVD's are about my AM speed. And if I do that and my day gets out of control, I got that 10-35 min in that day pre 600am. Even if it's just a 7 min ab DVD.

I find harder workouts, i.e. T25, P90x and JNL Fusion, I have to do in the afternoon evening for me to put in max effort and put in the most effort.

As for a mini challenge....should it be physical activity or eating challenge? Jumping rope (on top of your daily workouts), adding a minute of jumping rope with each day? Increase the increments each day. I hate to think how grueling 7 minutes of jump rope would be but I think that's the point.
  • CocoLaMocha
    Options
    Hey ladies!
    Happy hump day!

Jumping rope is a killer exercise, you'll feel those calves right away. I remember when I first started, thinking it was going to be as easy as it was in my childhood. After 30 seconds, I quickly realized otherwise. Didn't even last a minute :embarassed: . I gave up after 2 weeks, and moved on to something else. I heard somewhere it burns around 10cals a minute!
    As for this week, just getting to the gym and doing my workout is my challenge (4X)
    Looking forward to hearing from you other ladies.
  • discobarbie1971
    discobarbie1971 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well I completed my 5th consecutive day of spinning yesterday and had a sneak peak on the scales today....Nada! Nothing! Niente! Diddly squat!

Off to spin tonight and will force myself into the gym after.....the good thing is this week my colleagues hazve commented on my recent weight loss, so not all bad..... I just want those pesky scales to move!

Let's see what Monday brings!
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I admire people who manage to get their workouts in during the early hours of the day, because I simply cannot get out of bed in the morning! Well done and Im loving your motivation :D

It is funny how you should say that. I used to get up shortly after 5 to workout, but I found out that I was passing out after 9 pm sometimes earlier and I didn't think I was getting a rested sleep. So now I workout after work and my children are apart of it. I cant wait till spring so when they are biking I am running.

This week is not bad, I seemed to re-group and eliminating the garbage snacking I was doing. I managed to shake the 2 lbs that I put back on.

However, I found that I a super hungry and yesterday I even ate 1700 calories. A few weeks ago, I was eating less and not as hungry. I know my metabolism has kicked in but why can't I feel satisfied.
  • kodji67
    kodji67 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If you are burning lots of calories I don't think 1700 is a terrible number, especially for just one day :) I aim for 1400 per day and I sometimes eat back exercise calories too, but I am seeing results :) I heard something about how when you eat close to starvation (under 1200) your hormones kick in and help you think you aren't hungry. So that might explain why you felt more hungry eating a little more, but don't quote me on that, I got it from an unverified online source!

Maybe for those who are interested we could do a jump rope challenge starting on Monday? Start at one minute and then add one minute per day until the following week. Any takers? I have to try and find a rope first! :)
  • jobell2355
    jobell2355 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am the world's most horrible jump roper but I'm in. Nothing like a good challenge to keep me motivated.

As far as the amount of calories and the feeling of being hungry, I have been trying to really listen to my body and what it really wants. I have been making pretty decent choices but sometimes when I am hungry I pull up what I've already eaten and look for what I may be lacking. I also let myself eat if I am hungry. No guilt but then no overeating later because I nipped it. Oh, I also forgive myself and move on. I'm embracing the process and looking for progress not perfection.

Hope this helps. Keep at it!
  • AllisonAugustyn
    AllisonAugustyn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have the same thing -- have been doing some great workouts in the last few weeks, lifting, spinning, etc. Definitely looking better and people have commented...but gained two pounds! :)
  • Sandralyna
    Options
    Hey ladies!

I too admire people who works out in the morning ! I start to work at 7:30 AM so i couldnt imagine having to get up at 5h to get my workout done ! I prefere to go to the gym after work, around 6:30 PM usually, even after a 10 hours shift. Somehow, i find the energy to go ;)

I was stuck in a plateau for about 2 weeks even tho i was doin everything right... 53.4 kg every single day even after a really good day, eating and exercising wise. Thursday i finally broke my plateau and shed a good amout of weight ! I was sooo happy, i was starting to think i would never reach my gw of 50 kg. Now i see hope !

So yes everything is finally goin well for me, i cant weight to see the 1 week loss at the weigh in on monday ! For my routine, i go to the gym 4 times a week, i start with 30 minutes of cardio and then 30 minutes of weight lifting (1 day i'll do leg, the other i'll do upper body). Me too i tried the jumping rope and thats a really great exercise ! I should think of adding it to my cardio routine...

We go girl :D
  • Jmcbryan570
    Options
    Checking back in...love reading all the feeds. I am supposed to start work at 730-745am, I got up at 5sm to workout in the summer because of the oppressive heat-humidity here in the northeast. Lost 5lbs easily because I was being more consistent. More so than wanting to workout in the evening and it was still 80F at 730 at night. Add humidity, that feels like 87F. So AM workouts were the best! However I started getting run down because I was more committed to getting up to workout at 5am than I was with being consistent with getting to bed by 930-10. Eventually ran myself down too much that my workouts and my daily life were suffering. Still haven't found a good balance or that drive again. Hopefully soon. Balance is key!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Early mornings are my standard, even on my rest days. That is mostly because it is hard to sleep when a Labrador is using you as a trampoline and a Siamese is using you as a scratch block. I love my fur kids, but on occasion I wish they would sleep in.

My fencing club sessions always happen in the evening, but I prefer morning workouts on the whole. My new double program will include both morning and evening workouts, which mean 5AM starts on Monday-Friday.
  • Jmcbryan570
    Options
    That is mostly because it is hard to sleep when a Labrador is using you as a trampoline and a Siamese is using you as a scratch block. I love my fur kids, but on occasion I wish they would sleep in.

Our 2 fur kids know what the alarm clock sounds like. Even if it goes off for 4 seconds with the door shut. Then the chorus of in cannon meows start. So basically, I have no excuse to not get up because I'm not sleeping anyway, just being annoyed. And as for workouts, talk about pressure to maintain plank pose when they lay underneath me. Of course cat walking on chest during abs is always motivation too.