90-Day Fit & Nutr. Challenge Day #44 Tell All Tuesday

Options
amccord2
amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
Hi Everyone! It was great to read all about "LOVE Day" :heart: and Family Day!:flowerforyou: We are moving right along! WOW! Day 44! Just about everyone is up to date on the spreadsheet. :smile: One more day, and we're half way!:drinker:

Since we are all focusing on strength, let's begin FLEX FRIDAYs this week. from here on out. Post a picture on Fridays with your favorite FLEX! It can be bicep, tricep, calf, or anything else you can think of to flex! Let's have fun and flaunt our getting stronger!

BTW, has anyone heard of http://www.runlikeadiva.com/ I am registered for the 5K Myrtle Beach Event!:wink:

I found some great nutrition info. to share for Wellness Wednesday! Stay tuned!

flex_zpse0bdd643.jpg

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi Angela!!! I love the little picture. I have heard of that run. I believe they have had it here or nearby. Have an awesome time!!! My sister lives in Bluffton, SC, she works for the Navy at the hospital in Beaufort.

I have been eating out too much lately. I went to Zoes Kitchen yesterday for the first time. I liked it but didn't search their menu before ordering. Ended up eating the spinach roll with way too much sodium. :explode: Need to be more careful next time. That is the downside of eating out, even if it is healthy, too much sodium!!!

Have an awesome Tuesday!!! :drinker:
  • 24Sept
    24Sept Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Angela, That sounds like so much fun. I wish you the best, but no I won't be joining you maybe next year. Good luck and have fun.:flowerforyou:
  • amccord2
    amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Yes, Annette. It is AMAZING how much hidden sodium is in restaurant foods.:explode: :explode: :explode:
  • 24Sept
    24Sept Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Not only restaurant food is high in sodium, also canned food and frozen food.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Oh yes!!! That is the reason I read labels and buy low sodium or no sodium canned products. If I cannot find reduced sodium canned beans and don't want to cook dry beans myself and always rinse them. That reduces some of the sodium. I no longer buy frozen meals for the same reason plus they are way too processed. I am also careful to buy frozen veggies that are seasoned. I can control the sodium at home that way but unfortunately not when we eat out. :grumble:

:flowerforyou:
  • ChelseaSM
    ChelseaSM Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Angela, I registered for a run this summer as well - it's a Run or Dye 5k, and will be my first run ever. Looking forward to it, but still a bit nervous!

Can't believe we are halfway already! Lost steam for a bit, and was sick, but back at 'er and motivated to make the best of March : )

We got a huge snowstorm last night, so I am now going outside to shovel 30 cm of snow so I can get to my doctors appointment. Have a great day ladies - It's FRIDAY!