Say Hello!

Options
nikie_grey
nikie_grey Posts: 12 Member
This is a new group so every one is new. So take a moment to introduce your self, your starting point, your goals and what kind of support you need/want from others.

Hi, I'm Nikie, I am looking to lose 100 lbs and I know it is going to be a long and slow process if I want it to really work this time. I am a single mother of three age range from 8 years to 3 months. I could use a Yoga buddy, a mentor to help me get a diet and activity schedule together that I can follow and see results. I would also love to get a good group of people together to hang out and go out dancing once a month, perhaps biking/hiking every so often. I am currently living in Tracy CA. Any takers?

So who are you and what are YOU looking for?

Replies

• milrenor
    milrenor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Milissa in Clovis, CA! I'm almost 32. I've battled weight my whole life, but I'm finally in the right mindset to take better care of myself. I've been diagnosed as gluten sensitive, IBS, and having a hiatal hernia. My gastroenterologist told me that my hiatal hernia problems would stop if I lost weight, so here I am! I love playing softball, and would love to join any local team (if you know one, let me know)! I also love yoga and swimming, also water aerobics...but up until just a month ago or so I was battling with plantars warts so I didn't want to go spread the ICK around. lol

So yes, I'm losing weight (right now my goal is to be below 200, and I'll regroup from there) because of my health, and also because my husband and I will be trying to get pregnant next year (or late this year)! My highest ever was 284.8, right now I'm 271.6!
  • nikie_grey
    Options
    WELCOME TO THE GROUP!

Those are some REALLY great goals and should help keep you motivated. When I was trying to lose weight to have another baby, what helped me was find touch stone item. I wrote my goal on my bathroom mirror so that every morning when I start your day I would see it and be reminded of why I was going to have fruit with breakfast rather then bacon. I got the tiniest pair of baby shoes and hang then on the fridge, so that I had to face them every time I would go to snack. Those it also kept baby on the brain and we got pregnant WAY sooner then we anticipated, but I love my little man and am now working to lose weight to be able to keep up with him when he starts walking! He will be wearing the little shoes in a few weeks as well, so it's not like I wasted any money *grin*

Thanks for joining us, KEEP POSTING!
  • curvykent
    curvykent Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi Nikie, Hi Milstu.

I am a 31 year old mother of a 17 month old boy Jackson. I was around 200 pounds when I got pregnant and got up to 265 at the end of my pregnancy. I was so uncomfortable, had many health issues and problems related to being overweight and pregnant. My son was born colic and had acid reflux and I blamed it on myself and my weight. I vowed that next time I got pregnant I would do it at a healthy weight. But that wasn't the first start to my weight loss journey. My journey here on MFP started in 2010 after I miscarried. I put on 30 pounds in the 4 months I was pregnant, ending at 230. I made the decision to get healthy before trying to get pregnant again. So for 2 years I started to make changes. I lost 40 pounds, gained 10 of it back and got pregnant again 2 years later.
    This time is different. This time I am so damn serious. I have lost just about 90 pounds. I 30 pounds less than I did both times I got pregnant. I'm not just thinner I am stronger. I workout at least 5 days a week. Right now I am doing a personal training type circuit and strength combo at a gym. I have taken part in diet bets, weight loss challenges, whatever I can to stay on track and motivated. I have always met my goal in all my challenges. They really help.
    My first goal was to get to 165. Now that I am 10 pounds away I notice I have more than that to lose. I hope to be somewhere near 145 when all is said and done. NEVER in a million years did I think it was attainable. But now I see that one day at a time and one good decision at a time I can do it. Perhaps 145 will be too thin. Maybe I get to 165 and tone up and stay there. FINE. I just want to get rid of the flab and be stronger than ever.
    I enjoy yoga, hiking, walking and water sports. Anything outside really. But the reason I'm at the gym is because they are whipping me into shape. There are 60 something year old women there doing pull ups and chin ups! That is what I want to be doing at 60!
  • nikie_grey
    Options
    Welcome aboard;

You sound great and look AMAZING! What city and club are you working out at and how are they helping you along? What does a membership there cost and would you recommend it to others in your area? Losing weight to be healthier for a pregnancy is a great goal and shows your mindset and how you will be as a mother. Wanting to lose weigh for your self is even better! It shows your mindset and how you want to be as a woman, just for your self. Please let us know how you started out under that thread and how you keep focused with such an ambition goal. I have a LONG way to go to get to where I want to be. I could use all the tips you have and more.

Thanks for introducing your self. I hope to start a thread soon about our first outing.