2-21-14

Options
daily thread

Replies

• tracywintn
    Options
    just bumping to the top. I plan on doing w1/d3 when I am off work this afternoon-in my expensive new shoes...not that they are magic or anything and are going to make me a good runner...just hoping they help my shins not hurt as much after I am done!
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    w1 d3 done!!!!!!!! hows every one doing??
  • mel521
    mel521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Week 1 - DONE!!! My treadmill decided to go crazy on me so I had to wait on my husband to get home to fix it for me, but I did it. I upped my speeds and actually ran 2 minutes on the last run segment. It was tough, but I made it.

I think I need new shoes too, but I'll have to wait til after we get my husband some new work boots. Hope everyone has a great afternoon!
  • tracywintn
    Options
    Great job to everyone this week!! I finished W1/D3 also. I missed one jog period (I was preoccupied holding my dogs stupid poop in a bag) so I told myself I had to do one extra 60 second session during the cool down. Someone said something when my program said "cool down" and I thought I had one more run session so I was jogging and thinking "man, this is never going to end" I finally decided to just give up (I know it was longer than 60 seconds because there was a dog up ahead and I told myself I was going to keep running past it (thinking my 60 seconds would be up right before I hit it). I got to the dog and the timer hadn't gone off so I did at least 30 more seconds before I gave up). I will see how I do with week 2, I didn't feel good after my 3rd day of week one but I did feel better than I did on day 2. Not sure how I feel about having the dog---the poop issue really was not fun since there were NO garbage cans.
  • gretagirl2013
    Options
    Congrats to everyone on finishing week 1!! I may be biased, but I think we rock!!!
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Really pleased with our effort tonight, been so close to 3k all week and tonight we did it,. So obviously going faster to go further.
    Ready to move on to week 3 come Monday. Just one more inbetweeny run, to keep my momentum and stamina.
  • Izoralee
    Izoralee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    W2D1 finally done! Took me a couple of times (sprained my ankle during first attempt, then muscle cramps during the 2nd attempt). I'm ridiculously slow, more "wogging" than jogging but I'm moving!
  • FocusKimFocus
    FocusKimFocus Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yay! Week 1, Day 3 is in the bag. I had problems with my dog too and also had to run during the cool down to make up for it. I was on a gentle downhill by that time, so it was easy. Feels great to be getting back into jogging after a 4 month break for me. I just need to remember to stretch at the end (forgot again today).
  • maree142
    maree142 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Didn"t run today, but my partner mapped a run for me on map my run to 4k (which is what I get to on the treadmill to the week 4 schedule) and I am going to try it tomorrow.
    Well done on everyone here.