My Style Protein Waffles: I'm no expert

Options
Good afternoon friends!

I've been on this idea to recreate this protein pancake mix but for waffle. I didn't invent it, I just took a recipe Natalia Kern used (for pancake) and tweaked it to fit my needs. She actually does a better job making it for pancakes which you can watch on Oxygen magazine video.

I wanted to share my version with you guys in case you'd like to add more protein to your breakfast especially if you are into waffles like me.Let me know how it turned out for you.

Must haves:
3 tablespoons of Hungry Jack Light Complete
2 tablespoons of Coconut Secret Flour
1 scoop of EAS Lean Protein (vanilla)
a dash of vanilla extract
About 2-3 oz of water a dash of vanilla extract (optional) OR almond milk/soy milk etc...
a dash of cinnamon (optional)
a packet of Stevia (optional)
Pam for waffle maker
1/4 cup or less of Mrs. Butterworth Sugar Free Syrup Mix.

Please note: The consistency will be doughy (cookie dough ish...add more liquid to loose) but once you place the entire mix in the waffle maker (which you've sprayed with Pam) it will spread out and bake like a cake. Once the waffle maker indicates it's done, then it's time to enjoy. I hope you guys like it...I know for me it really fills me up til lunch if I don't have time to snack. xoxo from NYC!

Replies

• deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    is this just one waffle and what is the calorie count ? Thanks...
  • 10nacityLex
    10nacityLex Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's one waffle. I calculated it like this 1/3cup is equal to 5 tablespoons. This is the breakdown I came up with. Please feel free to help me recalculate. 5 tablespoons (1/3 cup) of Hungry Jack Complete=160 calories but I'm only using 3 tablespoon so this means:

3 tablespoons of Hungry Jack Complete is 32 calories x 3 tablespoons= 96 calories
    2 tablespoons of Coconut Secret Coconut Flour = 62 calories
    1 scoop of EAS Lean Protein is= 100 calories

Waffle Calories Total= 258 calories

1/4 cup of Mrs. Butterworth Sugar Free syrup calories=20 calories

Waffle + Syrup= 278 calories
  • 10nacityLex
    10nacityLex Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My next calculation is fat content...lol. Thank you deb54!
  • KatherinesRiver
    Options
    Hummmm this looks interesting!