I get very hungry late at night

Options
Hey all!

Happy New Year!

So I have just gotten back on the low carb bandwagon and though it's going well when it's late at night like 10 pm isn, I am usually starving but have eaten all my calories for that day. What can I do to avoid this?

Replies

• Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Go to bed earlier (if you are like most people, you live constantly short of sleep)

Or save calories from other meals to eat more late at night.

Or bump your dinner time to an hour or two later and see if that helps.
  • NoirDancer
    Options
    Any other ideas?
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    For me, even if I have gone over on calories and REALLY need a little something, I will grab a pepperoni stick or a baby bell. Just something to fill the void. I find I'm always hungrey for the first week then I lose my appetite. Don't sweat it, let your body adjust and make sure you are getting enough water. Dehydration can mimick hunger.
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Also, if you open your food diary we can get a better picture of what the issue may be.
  • NoirDancer
    Options
    For me, even if I have gone over on calories and REALLY need a little something, I will grab a pepperoni stick or a baby bell. Just something to fill the void. I find I'm always hungrey for the first week then I lose my appetite. Don't sweat it, let your body adjust and make sure you are getting enough water. Dehydration can mimick hunger.

I had no idea dehydration could mimic hunger. Thank you! I'll grab a bottle of water first from now on.