New to IIFYM & need friends :-)

Options
2»

Replies

• mdizzle99
    mdizzle99 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am super frustrated. I went to the IIFYM caculator I am 4' 10, 49 and weigh 163 workout 4x a wk my breakdown is:

Carbs - 46.5
    Protein - 163
    Fat - 65.2
    Calories - 1425

Why is are my carbs so low compared to others I see?

You asked this 1.5 months ago so might not be looking for an answer still, but if you're feeling deprived of carbs, I'd recommend possibly cutting back a little bit on protein in order to budget more calories for carbs. Some suggest that .82g/lb is sufficient and you could go with that if helpful. That would bump your carbs up to ~76. Or, you could go on a less aggressive cut. If you are 15% below TDEE (instead of 20%) you will definitely see results but have more calories to play with.
  • calliekitten9
    calliekitten9 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    5 ft. 6.5 inches, BMR 1270, TDEE 1524 daily calorie goal is 1438.

Carbs: 67.3
    Protein 135
    Fat 54

I always end up going over on carbs but am WAY under on Protein.
  • Brandnewdea
    Brandnewdea Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ok so I'm added all of you lol I need all the help I can get
  • iifym_girl
    iifym_girl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I've been doing it for a long while too. :)
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Fairly new to IIFYM. Been doing this for a couple of months now. Feel free to add me :)
  • labgeekj80
    labgeekj80 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    New to iifym. Wanting friends for motivation & inspiration. Thanks!
  • dorkus619
    Options
    I'm new to IIFYM but I'm not new to calorie counting and macro counting in the past I just never knew the optimal way to split C/F/P. The method of choosing protein and fat first based on weight and leaving the rest to carbs makes more sense.

I'm looking forward to learning more about healthy eating, it's definitely something I love learning about. Sad how many people out there are so ill-informed because this info is not always easy to find and so many people have conflicting messages. It's difficult to sort out the bull**** and hype from truth!
  • kimemeki
    kimemeki Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Have you tried supplementing with whey protein? First thing in the morning and right after your workout should help.
  • footychick907
    footychick907 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this and need all the help I can get please, I'm 5,2 exercise 5 times a week, just doing home workouts such as body revolution egg, so nothing major.

I don't know my body fat at the moment, but want to build muscle, rather than loose weight, I got given 176 carbs, 103 protein and 36 fat. Using the iifym calculator

I don't know if someone could do a quick meal plan based on that and calories 1500, but I will be aiming to build them up slowly if that makes sense
  • jenni383
    jenni383 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can download a MACROS enhancement. It will allow you to set your macros in exact grams, not %