Weekend Warriors 21-23 Feb

Options
cathy0536
cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
So this will be a challenging weekend for me - about pursuing a strategy of damage limitation as to try to stick too rigidly to calories will be difficult.

What's on:
- tonight - boys are away at my Mums so hubby and I have some time to ourselves. We were planning cinema but there's nothing Mr G wants to watch so we may go to a pub to eat and watch Wales v France rugby, hopefully celebrating GB win at curling

- tomorrow - big family party during the day for my in-laws 40th wedding anniversary, being held at a local pub/restaurent. I think the food will be buffet. Then driving to my cousin's hen party - we are staying in yurts - if you've seen the UK rain reports recently you'll realise the general idiocy of this! Food will be delivery chinese and lots of wobbly pops!

-Sunday - cooked breakfast at the campsite, lunch at an aunts, then drive home

Plans for damage limitation - exercise when I get home from work (30 mins on elliptical) and offer to drive to pub. Pick something reasonably healthy from pub menu (however main offering is gourmet burgers, so thinking a no cheese burger with salad, and leaving half the bread roll).

Exercise to schedule tomorrow morning. Won't drink at the family party as driving later and hoping for cold meat/fish and salad options on the buffet. Sensible amount of chinese at the hen party and taking cava to drink - can't drink too much due to driving the next day.

Aunt has already said Sunday's lunch will be light, and have healthy dinner planned to cook on Sunday evening. Sunday is a rest day on Les Mills schedule but if feeling OK can do some elliptical time.

Please share your weekend plans and what you're planning to stay on track...

Replies

• BeckyLF05
    BeckyLF05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Not doing much of anything this evening...

Tomorrow we are going grocery shopping (always fun blah blah blah). We usually go out to eat while we are shopping so if we do I will pick somewhere that has a good salad bar so I can stick with it. The weather is supposed to warm up to 55 tomorrow so I will DEFINITELY get a good walk in! I'm so excited! lol

Tomorrow night the hubby is wanting to fix some mixed drinks (SweetTart) that we tried at a restaurant on my birthday. This could be bad because they are GOOD! I will exercise my *kitten* off in the morning! lol

We don't have anything planned for Sunday so that should be a good day!

We can do this!!!!:drinker: :flowerforyou: :smokin:
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Today I plan to run at lunch at work. Then after work I will lift weights. Dinner tonight will be steak!! I've had it planned for a couple days now but work got in the way.. I do not know if anything will be happening tonight as far as going out to drink. I imagine the boyfriend will want to go to a bar to play some pool or something. I should be okay for a couple of drinks if I stick to my exercise goals for today.

Tomorrow during the day I have nothing planned, but it should be pretty darn nice outside so I imagine I won't be cooped up inside all day. For dinner, my mom is making a turkey dinner for my sister's birthday. It should be real tasty, I just need to make sure I don't eat too much stuffing (my favorite part, yumm) I will also try not to over indulge on dessert (I have such a sweet tooth).

Sunday I am hanging out with all my lady friends! I imagine we'll be going to lunch or something. Depending on my eating/drinking from the night before I will probably hit up the gym.

Basically by overall goals for the weekend are to make sure I drink 8 glasses of water each day, make smart food choices, not to over indulge on booze, log everything i eat, try to stay within my calorie goal, and stay as active as possible. So pretty much the same goals as last week... but I feel there's something to reminding myself (and all of you) that makes it seem more important to do.

good luck all! we got this!! =)
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have family coming to visit starting around 8 pm tonight and through to Saturday evening. My main focus has been grocery shopping so that we can all maintain healthy eating habits and not order out.

I made sure to buy plenty of fruits to have on hand for "dessert" (I might blend up some frozen bananas for ice cream) and I bought some Alexia Sweet Potato fries for them to eat with dinner, while anyone who wants can instead have homemade carrot fries with me.

I made gingered zucchini soup for breakfasts for me this week (I usually do a soup and then add shredded chicken). For everyone else there is cereal, eggs, homemade 50/50 (beef and pork) italian-spiced sausage in the fridge.

For lunch tomorrow I'm making avocado chicken or tuna salad- maybe I'll ask them what they prefer before whipping it up. Mine I will have on a lettuce wrap and others can choose to have it in sandwich form.

For dinner tomorrow we will have beef stew or hamburgers. Still deciding on a recipe...

It's always a challenge for me when having company over not to order pizza, drink wine, and eat baked goods! Hopefully they won't bring anything like that... If they do, more for my husband because I'm staying out of it!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Well you all will be having fine weekends. I am starting my weekend by substituting a good Friday night workout with service as a chaperone from 5-9pm (and I'm first shift--they go to midnight) at a junior high school band lock-in. This will be several hundred kids grades 6-8 running wild in a school filled with games, pizza, soda and mayhem. The only hope I have is that the band director told parents that we could participate in dodge ball and target badly behaved kids with full speed throws--no questions asked.

Now as for Cathy's weekend, I'm going to need a translation as the English terminology is just escaping me, to wit:
    - going to cinema (an expensive movie--right?)
    - watching curling (seriously?)
    - hen party (what on earth is a hen party??)
    - staying in yurts (isn't that a Mongolian tent?)
    - wobbly pops
    - cava
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Now as for Cathy's weekend, I'm going to need a translation as the English terminology is just escaping me, to wit:
    - going to cinema (an expensive movie--right?)
    - watching curling (seriously?)
    - hen party (what on earth is a hen party??)
    - staying in yurts (isn't that a Mongolian tent?)
    - wobbly pops
    - cava

haha I was going to do the same thing, no idea what half of those things are... is cava a super strong liquor, so potent that it will leave you drunk the next day and therefore unable to drive?!?! if so, can you find a way to ship some to me? :laugh:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I am going to be doing so well this weekend. I have all my food in my fridge and freezer vacuum packed and weighed and portioned out. I am finally on track. :bigsmile:
  • btwinkles
    btwinkles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    it's my MIL, my cousin, and the pastor's wife birthday this weekend!! I will do the best I can. Hope that it won't be a complete disaster like last weekend...:drinker:
  • cathy0536
    Options
    Cinema = movie, didn't happen anyway went for an Indian
    Watching curling - winter Olympic sport?, again didn't happen but we got silver in men's and bronze in women's, if you look at how often team GB win winter Olympics medals you'll see why this is big news here
    Hen party - wedding shower? Friends of the bride get together a few weeks before the wedding to celebrate with a few drinks, men have a stag do?
    Yurt - yes you have this, a mongolian teepee, very popular here for glamping ( glam camping)
    Wobbly pops - alcoholic beverages
    Cava - Spanish version of champagne, almost as nice and much cheaper, don't think it will cause inability to drive but could lead to vodka and amaretto consumption...????
  • cathy0536
    Options
    Ended up having curry and a beer this evening, lovely, and have just paid for them on the elliptical... :D
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Cathy,

Wonderful explanation--all the slang makes perfect sense. Curling doesn't however. To me it's like watching a team of janitors in bowling shirts compete in manic/obsessive floor waxing.
  • BeckyLF05
    BeckyLF05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My plans all failed today!!!! EPIC FAILURE! Gonna try to get out of the RED before the day is out!
  • Shaky44
    Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My plans all failed today!!!! EPIC FAILURE! Gonna try to get out of the RED before the day is out!
    It's a new day - don't let it get you off-track!
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Curling doesn't however. To me it's like watching a team of janitors in bowling shirts compete in manic/obsessive floor waxing.

BEST description of curling EVER!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cathy0536
    Options
    Not a great weekend for me, some bad decisions and lack of willpower. Today has been about getting back on track with food and tomorrow will add back in my morning workout. Am looking forward to being back to normal routine of work/school after a week off, and the next few weekends are looking a bit more normal too....