Overtime

Options
ltgarrow
ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
Anyone else get ordered for overtime? I did.

Replies

• Hawkeye_74
    Hawkeye_74 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Ordered up for mandatory OT on Thursday. BLAH. THis after two OT shifts last week.
  • ZL9685
    ZL9685 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Can't in NZ - 14 hours is the legal max we can work, and shifts are only ever rostered for 12 hours or less so that you have leeway should you get a bad call at the end of shift.
  • Hawkeye_74
    Hawkeye_74 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I can work up to 16 hours in one day. It is not a good day when it is 16 hours long.
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Our shifts are 8, with a MAX of 16. We can split the shift and have two people do 12's. Monday I got ordered for a 16, today I got ordered for 10, tomorrow I'm getting ordered for 12.

If only I wasn't so burnt out, I'd actually enjoy my paycheck.
  • lizm2805
    lizm2805 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Monday I got stuck working a double (16 hours) when my relief decided to call out at quater of!!! Third double ive worked in this pay period.....really makes my bed seem alot more appealing then the gym.
  • kimastbury
    kimastbury Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    We can't be ordered to do OT in NSW Aust, but we normally take it as its fairly scarce these days. Some officers choose to do double shift 4pm to 8am as it means you only have to come in every second day :-)
  • Kisuke30
    Kisuke30 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I've got 60 hours of OT lined up on my side job on the ambulance. I'm working 120 hours on my main job. (for two weeks) gonna be a long two weeks!
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I can get all the OT I want where I work in the US. Very few people hang around long. They either aren't cut out for EMS and decide to leave, move up to RN or PA or they realize the pay is better elsewhere.

I typically pick up 12 hrs one week and 24 the next. Any more than that and the taxes cancel out the OT. I work 24/48's.
  • JeneeGentry
    JeneeGentry Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    They can't force OT where I work either! We had a huge turn over about a year ago and there was a lot of OT to get, but now that we are mostly full staff the OT has gone away. I saw someone mention it earlier, but we also can not work more than 16 hours and indeed it is a VERY bad day if you make it to that 16! The way my schedule is, we have 8 hours of OT every two weeks already built in.
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    we can be ordered, but it's very very rare. We have people, like myself, that snatch up any and all overtime. I think it's only happened twice in the last 15 years here.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    We have no more OT... NOt even for court. We have to work an extra 30 hours unpaid OT a year instead of pay cuts which may not seem like much but it's not worth the hassle when you're not getting paid!!!
  • worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm working a 24 today. I'm doing a 11 hour overtime shift every Thursday this month and got a second job working 12 hour shifts in Fridays.