Motivation thread!

Options
I thought it might be helpful to start a motivational thread where we can post tips, quotes, inspiration, etc. Something to read on the days that it's hard to keep going!! Please try to respond with your own motivational messages only so we can have a clean read through of inspiration on those tough days!!

Here are a few quotes that have spoken to me this week:

-Running slowly isn't a character flaw. Quitting is.

-Someone who is busier than you is running right now.

-Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live in.

-When you think about quitting: think about why you started.

-No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.

Replies

• tracywintn
    Options

A year from now you'll wish you had started today----

Makes me remember to not give up
  • ellemuise
    Options
    Question. How are you guys logging c25k on mfp?
  • FocusKimFocus
    FocusKimFocus Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I log by adding cardio - walking 3mph or whatever average speed my workout came out to.

I have to admit that I don't feel very inspired to go out an do my walk/run right now, so I appreciate this thread. Thanks!
  • curlydiamond
    Options
    You'll never regret having tried, but you may regret not trying (of course this does not apply if you've heading for an injury).
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Question. How are you guys logging c25k on mfp?

The C25K app i use has a calorie counter i know not all of them do, (i kept downloading apps until i found one that did), then create new activities, Ive logged them at C25K workout 1, 2 etc so should be in the data base to access. But my point is you can create your own if you know the calories you have burnt.
  • DebinMelbourne
    DebinMelbourne Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just break down minutes jogged and walked with a rough guess at pace. I underestimate my pace so as not to fool myself.