February MFP Mileage challenge!

Options

Replies

• Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Yes a little run!!

Only 2.8 miles but felt good -ish!!

Sorry think I deleted myself - working on iPad. Added to bottom. Sorry to make more work!!
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Yes a little run!!

Only 2.8 miles but felt good -ish!!

Sorry think I deleted myself - working on iPad. Added to bottom. Sorry to make more work!!
    I think I fixed it -- let me know if there are any problems!
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Have an appointment with my Ortho Dr. tomorrow. There's a chance I MIGHT get off my crutches...which means, I MIGHT get to start running again!!! Fingers crossed!!!
  • davemunger
    Options
    Hmmm... I think my 250-mile goal for February may have been a tad optimistic. Took a much-needed rest day this weekend; now tapering for a saturday trail marathon. We'll see. Still very much on track to complete my first 50-mile run at the end of March, though -- that's much more important to me than meeting a particular monthly mileage goal.

MelisRunning: Crossing my fingers for you!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Hope your appointment went well!
  • MelisRunning
    Options
    Update:

I am not going to make my February goal. Another month on the crutches. I see the Ortho again on March 7. HOPEFULLY, I can get back to running then.

Can I sign up for a few miles in March to keep my place in the group?
  • davemunger
    Options
    Update:

I am not going to make my February goal. Another month on the crutches. I see the Ortho again on March 7. HOPEFULLY, I can get back to running then.

Can I sign up for a few miles in March to keep my place in the group?

Sorry to hear it.

That said, OF COURSE you can sign up in March. We all want to see you make it back, and you WILL make it back!
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Have an appointment with my Ortho Dr. tomorrow. There's a chance I MIGHT get off my crutches...which means, I MIGHT get to start running again!!! Fingers crossed!!!

crossing my fingers for you!
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    wait, I just see that you're stuck on crutches until the 7th. Hope it goes well. Keep healing!
  • Leanz
    Options
    Going to try for a "gentle" run tomorrow!

@MelisRunning - fingers crossed for 7th! It's awful not being able to get out there isn't it!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! Hope everyone is doing well, and had a happy valentine's day!!

Sorry about the cruches Mel, and glad to see you running Leanz!

Did two halfs this weekend, did the first slow, so I would have energy left for the 2nd one, and I scored a 2nd place in my age group (that I will leave soon he he). The course was rolling, but not too bad, finished in 1:58 and had a strong finish!! I had actually planned on just doing 6 for the second, but when I got to 6 miles I thought i should go to double digits.. And then when double digits came along, I thought, heck I will just go the rest.

And on a personal note: I ran this race last year - 2 days after my father passed (and he would have wished that), and did horrible, so this time - I felt that he pushed me along a bit. It felt nice.
  • shellyb2017
    shellyb2017 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Cooriander ... Girl, you are still rockin' it! Congratulations on the back-to-back half marathons! Yes, I know your dad would be proud! Keep running strong - are you running the MB Divas Half again this year?
  • Leanz
    Options
    Cooriander - a fabulous achievement - well done you!!

Another tiny run today and it is still hurting. :sad:
  • davemunger
    Options
    10 days left in the month. I updated the spreadsheet -- most folks are right where they need to be, with about a third of their mileage left. Keep it up, everyone!
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    I added my miles for the rest of the month because needed to see where I was going to be right before Taper week. But it looks like with Taper week I will meet my goal this month YAY!!!
  • davemunger
    Options
    I added my miles for the rest of the month because needed to see where I was going to be right before Taper week. But it looks like with Taper week I will meet my goal this month YAY!!!

Awesome!

It's fine to pre-log miles; they won't show up on the monthly tally (the second page of the spreadsheet) until the date actually arrives. But if you pre-log and then don't actually run those miles, make sure you remove them!
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I added another 2 miles to my run today. Now, I'm only 6 miles behind schedule.
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I broke my toe this past Sunday and I haven't been able to run since, but I'm hoping once the pain disappears completely I can still meet my goal.
  • MelisRunning
    Options
    Ran a little shy of 1.50 miles~just to see what the leg thought. So far, so good! Will access in the morning to see. YAY! I ran!!!
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Good to see the so far so good part! Keep it up:)