Eating Up!!

Options
Today is my first Eat Up day and I am having a bit of difficulty thinking it is ok!! I find this so humorous!! My minimum calorie intake is 1000 and maintenance is 1600. I am most comfortable at 1200 I find. 1000 is just not enough. I think I'll likely get there though. But I am feeling so guilty about adding the extra calories today!!! I know I read someone once posted that they have a hard time the day AFTER eat up day, I was just wondering what days are difficult for you?

Replies

• empresspht
    Options
    Weekends are difficult for me.. I always make one of my eat up days on the weekend. I don't have trouble going back to 1000 during the week.
  • GonnaBFit4Me
    GonnaBFit4Me Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would just do what feels good to your body. If you aren't doing the recommended 1000 calories, that's fine. Just know you may not see the progress as quickly as others. It is as simple as calories in/calories out. If your maintenance days seem too much and you aren't comfortable with that much food, then reduce it. You would only be compensating for the overage on your deficit days.

I can't say you will see progress this way or not, only YOUR body can tell you. If it feels doable, you have energy, and you are seeing your measurements change (not necessarily the scale) - then keep doing it!! We want a LIFE change, not a quick fix. We want something that we can carry through every week, not for 8 weeks and then crash.

Weekends are definitely the most difficult for me, especially when my hubby isn't home to give me a break from kiddos! This IS one of those weekends! AND, on top of it all, it's that time of the month! My full week of caloric intake looks like this:

Monday 640
    Tuesday 725
    Wednesday 650
    Thursday 747
    Friday 1119
    Saturday 1201
    Sunday 901

Every day I fast. They are usually 18 hr. fasts. I personally like fasting through the day. This way, I know it really doesn't matter what I eat for dinner.

Starting at 2pm., today, I began my first 24 hr. fast. I measure on Monday's, and I don't like that my maintenance days are usually on Sunday's. So, Friday and Saturday, I ate a little more than my 1000 calorie deficit days; even though my maintenance days are 1528 calories. I don't know if eating that much within 2 days will affect my results this week or not. You aren't supposed to have 2 maintenance days in a row.

As you can see, I'm not following the VI Chart to the T either. I'm actually trying to find the best combination for ME. I am comfortable with what I have been doing, I have a lot of energy, I up my weights every day, I workout 6 days a week (4 of those days I add in walk/jogging on the treadmill).

No matter what you do, keep tracking as much info. as possible! If you see progress, great! If not, then something has to be tweaked. Good luck!
  • jaidenphyr
    Options
    Update: I've had a few days under 1,000 which make up for the days I hit 1,200. My progress has been definite but odd (to me). I've lost 2 lbs each week and I lost 2 inches off my shoulders the first week and nothing the second week. Steady 1/2 inch losses from my waist and one inch from my hips. I assumed that there would be equitable losses all over. *shrugs* Our bodies are funny funny things, aren't they?
  • empresspht
    Options
    Yea, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to where the inches come from. Or when the 'whooshes' happen. I am just happy to still be in the program at week4. It's the longest I have stuck with anything, and its working!
  • jaidenphyr
    Options
    YAY YOU Empress!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sleipnir37
    Options
    Eat up days are no reason for felling guilty. that's the very point in this programm. : you never have to wait long excruciating periods without a single pleasure.
    This time you have what I call holidays. Every 5 or 3 days, depending on your stage, you have holidays. It is sooo great !!
    For the first time, I do not feel "punished" for being too fat.
    You do not work 7 days a week and 24 hours a day, do you ?
    So why should you diet 7 days a week, 24 hours a day withour any free time ?
    Feell happy about taht.
    I can tell you it works and don't forget, teh guilt is part of our food problems.
    I have been sick for a while, then I went on honeymoon (not an ideal time for diet is it ?). I put the program aside, no guilt.
    Now I am back with full energy.
    Take care
    Isabelle
  • jaidenphyr
    Options
    So true! sleipnir!! No guilt!! I never felt "guilty" per se, just odd. Like I wanted to keep going on the deficit. Now I am in week 5 and I no longer feel that way. I don't really plan my maintenance days either. There are some days that I need more calories and those end up being my maintenance days - as long as I don't go over the limit that week (1 or 2). While I would like very much to wake up thin - that is not realistic and not what I can do forever. This I can do forever. Ok, not the deficit, but the watching calories etc and not going over a certain amount. \

I am consistently comfortable at 1100 to 1200 calories. Sometimes 1300. On my eat up days I pretty much hit the 1600 mark sometimes 1700 but my eat up total is 1680 so it balances out - I think, anyway. I will say I've taken a firmer stand on hitting the 1000 mark more since I had a week with no weight loss, but measurement changes. I love that my clothes fit better, but I really would like some validation on the scale!