Help

Options
I am a new member and I am excited to learn more abut this pushup challenge. What tips can you offer for getting started?:smile:

Replies

• Lylaathome
    Lylaathome Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the person who started this challenge would say, but I think you could start with putting your hands directly below your shoulder joints to help with stability in your push ups. I think I would try to do 10 each day for a week before adding more in steady increments as the challenge goes on. It might be easy, it may be hard, but by the end of the week, you'll be feeling better and you work the muscles in your arms, shoulders and part of your back. Building upper body strength and trimming arms and tightening your back are all good reasons why to do this challenge. I am hoping to make it the whole way. Hope you will too.
  • DLJ_77
    DLJ_77 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    First of all, don't get frustrated. It is going to make you sore! The first time I started I could not believe how sore my abs were! If you are unsure of what correct form looks like the app has demonstrations to help you with that. Secondly, although when you look at the number of pushups you need to so on a given day it looks intimidating and the number jumps quickly! The app bases your daily pushups on your initial test and then has you do 4-5 reps with varying numbers of pushups and 60 seconds of rest between sets. Rest more if you need to!!! Lastly, don't give up! Maybe it will take some if us an extra week or two but I believe we can all get there:)
  • nothingwithoutHim
    nothingwithoutHim Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I found this while searching for the hundred pushups program online (b/cause let's face it, my iPod is pretty much dated from before the dark ages (no iOs beyond like, 1) and I'm too cheap to own an iPhone/iPad so the web version is all she wrote for yours truly) and it gives some good tips. I think the hardest thing will really just be combatting boredom after we get up to above 50ish. :)

http://impossiblehq.com/the-unauthorized-guide-to-one-hundred-pushups
  • 4Lab
    4Lab Posts: 20
    Options
    Here's to bringing on the boredom! If I can get 50 pushups in a row, I wall tolerate the boredom. Maybe you could share some of that old iPod music! ;)