Welcome

Options
DLJ_77
DLJ_77 Posts: 100 Member
I'm Deena and I began this group to force myself to complete this challenge! I have started it two other times, but this time I want to finish it! I have already done my initial test and I completed 15 push-ups (which is 5-6 more than the first time I tried). My first day will be tomorrow (2/24). I'm excited to share that challenge with others. Please feel free to share as much or as little of yourself as you would like with the group...I will try to help however I can with any questions you may have! Good luck and I cannot wait to start!

Replies

• Ready4Change1992
    Options
    Im in!! what app are you using???
  • DLJ_77
    Options
    Yay! I'm using the 100 Pushups by Just Do Inc. I used another one before and I cannot remember which one it was...they all seem the same to me and I'm pretty sure they all promise the ability to do 100 consecutive pushups in 6 weeks! I guess we'll see!!!
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I know it's not much, but it is a start. I just did 10 bent knee push ups. I will try to do this for a day or so and then add a few. I use an iphone, any good exercise apps for that?
  • DLJ_77
    Options
    Just go to the app store and type in "100 Pushups" A few options will show up:) They all do the same thing and best of all they tell you how many pushups you need to do:) You can always put your 10 pushups in as your initial test and they will guide you from there!
  • nothingwithoutHim
    nothingwithoutHim Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    In it to finish!! I'm super pumped!!

Gotta get me those bragging rights that 100 pushups in a row will earn! :laugh:
  • Lylaathome
    Lylaathome Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to try this challenge as I coach a Junior High Home-school basketball team and I believe, I can't ask them to do anything I wouldn't be able to do. Since I'm an older woman, is it okay to do them from the knee, or do I need to do plank type push-ups? Also, I don't have a smart phone, but I thought you said I could get the app for the computer. Not sure about that, maybe you could let me (and possibly others) know how to get that help for this challenge. Lyla in Mica
  • Lylaathome
    Lylaathome Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Couldn't seem to find an app to help with the 100 push-up challenge for the computer. Thought you mentioned it in your intro. Would love to have an idea if there's help out there. Or I can just add increments to my routine on my own. Lyla in Mica
  • DLJ_77
    Options
    The site I found on the computer is hundredpushups.com It will provide charts of how many pushups you need to do each day based on your initial test. It also can show you the proper technique to use. Of course it's find to start from a modified pushup and I'm sure you'll be doing a regular one in no time! Check the site out and let me know if you have other questions:)
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Okay, Deena, I'm in. I'll find the app and get started tomorrow. I'm not sure I can do 10 pushups to start with, but I'll give it a go. 25 or 30 is probably the most I've ever done at one time. It's time to get pumped up!
  • DLJ_77
    Options
    You do not have to be able to do 10 to start with! Honestly, you start with however many you can do and the app guides you from there. It adjusts to your starting level and requires you to only do it 3 days a week. You need to have rest days inbetween! Even if you can only do 3 to begin with you'll get there!
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Thanks for setting this up. I've been very good with my food intake, as well as getting in lots of walking miles (can't run due to a dodgy knee), but I haven't been consistent with strength training. This will keep me honest.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    I baddly need to gain confidence in my ability to improve my upper body strength. I will be looking up (and printing out) one of the charts, soonest. And probably starting by March 1 (if not before). I will be doing the straight-leg off the stair variation for now - until I work my way down to straight leg lower down. Probably starting with 3rd or 4th step. (third is lower than kitchen table but higher than kitchen chair.
  • 4Lab
    4Lab Posts: 20
    Options
    ^^ I just read the article from your link....that was a fun read. Thnx.
    That is a perfect start! Excellent. Let's do this!
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    did 10 more this morning and will try to increase tomorrow
  • GemPlump
    Options
    I'm in! I'm going to start today using the "100 Pushups" app on my kindle. Thanks for creating this - it's one more way to get me moving!