Pure (Paleo) Wraps...Review

Options
becs3578
becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
Order some Pure (Paleo) Wraps a few weeks ago and just haven't gotten around to trying them. But they have a LONG shelf life. They are NOT cheap but I thought they would be a nice addition to my diet.

I LOVED IT.. I OVERFILLED with chicken, red bellpepper, onions and pico de gallo and it didn't tear at all.. A tortillas would have. Also didn't taste TOO Coconut"y" which is what I was worried about.

SO I consider it a WIN WIN. Very excited about this purchase.

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    What are the ingredients? A long shelf life is certainly concerning.

I don't find Paleo substitutes work well for me; I tend to over-eat them just the same as their grain-based counterparts. I use lettuce for wraps and if that doesn't work I just throw the wrap filling on shredded lettuce. I did try making some coconut flour wraps at home once but they were quite high in carbs and very difficult to make.
  • EchoDelta1013
    EchoDelta1013 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've bought a couple packages last year. They're ok as imo, they do have too much of a coconut flavor but they do hold well. My problem is the company: Julian Bakery. Their response to online ordering is atrocious. It took 6 weeks to receive the order despite numerous emails. I won't buy them anymore due to cost and shipping delays. I'm more into lettuce wraps anyways.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    My office has Julian Bakery blocked. Odd.
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Not from Julians Bakery.... http://www.thepurewraps.com/

They have the same shelf like as a rice paper wrapper.. It is just dehydrated coconut if I am not mistaken.

List of all ingredients... Coconut meat, coconut water, salt. They end up being a $1 wrap which I know is expensive but for a treat I think they are great...
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    I LOVE THEM!!!!Think they taste great,especially the curry flavoured ones.
    I rarely buy them because they are SO expensive but they are a nice treat
  • Akimajuktuq
    Options
    You guys made me want some... cannot find online for shipment within Canada.... wah. (Julian Bakery site isn't letting me register!)
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I took the plunge and ordered some. Definitely can't afford to eat them all the time! I hope they're good.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    upaya sells them.there has been some controversy over the patent of this item,that's why you may not be able to access that site.
    things have been tied up over who has the right to produce the wraps.
    in the blogosphere,it's got quite ugly.
    google it and see what you can find
  • Akimajuktuq
    Options
    upaya sells them.there has been some controversy over the patent of this item,that's why you may not be able to access that site.
    things have been tied up over who has the right to produce the wraps.
    in the blogosphere,it's got quite ugly.
    google it and see what you can find

Wah.. they are sold out. Of course there is no excuse not to just make them homemade if I really want them.... But mine had a lot of carbs. Too much trouble too.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of these, but sounds like they are worth a try, and I live near Julian Bakery, win, win!!
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    They are in La Jolla California my old stopping ground, no wonder they are pricey.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    They are in La Jolla California my old stopping ground, no wonder they are pricey.

I work in La Jolla, what a koinky-dink:smile:
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I have seen Paleo Wraps at Whole Foods and also at Amazon.com.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I just had one with my tuna-avocado salad, and I was not impressed. Yuck. I love coconut too! Disappointed... Maybe the curry ones are better? These were plain.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I just had one with my tuna-avocado salad, and I was not impressed. Yuck. I love coconut too! Disappointed... Maybe the curry ones are better? These were plain.
    I have only tried the curry ones and they are fantastic!try them if you can,sure you will enjoy them!I had mine with roast beef,rocket and homemade mayo..also egg mayo.yum!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    i wanted to try these…now I will!!!