Silly fake gamer boys!

RzYd4Eu.jpg

Ahahaha omg I love this to pieces.
  • CookieEmporium
    CookieEmporium Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan, and thought this was cute

image_zpsd75afdea.jpg

YES!!! I love streaming his and Jared Padalecki's talk during ComicCon San Diego.
  • Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Better than Disney.
    2b21368945c3f89b1ebed48377ae9b10.jpg
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I still haven't seen Ponyo and I really, really want to!! And to be fair to Disney, Tangled was freaking amazing! I also heard Brave was fantastic but I haven't seen it. Saw Frozen and felt it was overrated.
  • Mustgetbuff
    Options
    It's FRIIIIIIDAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

7322153ce8884a3ff9cd4155ebe4b441.jpg
  • GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Okay, let's get this Monday started!

2008_zpsde040965.gif
  • GeekdGirl
    Options
    For good measure (and because I adore these actors!):

giphy_zps72861eff.gif
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I still haven't seen Ponyo and I really, really want to!! And to be fair to Disney, Tangled was freaking amazing! I also heard Brave was fantastic but I haven't seen it. Saw Frozen and felt it was overrated.

Gotta agree with you about Frozen; when Elsa turned into Glitter Barbie or whatever I was less than impressed (I actually just really hated the character designs; they all looked like Bratz dolls). I will say I LOVE LOVE LOVED Brave, but the fervor of my ardor puts me in the vast minority. I'm a sucker for mother-daughter relationship stuff, and I am just sooo tired of romance, and I didn't mind the very sparse plot. (Plots are overrated! Just give me character studies!!) Brave was just exactly what I needed when I watched it. A girl who doesn't transform into a pretty princess in the end, no love interests in sight, a truly female-driven story (it passes the Bechdel Test with flying colors!!). And an adorable bear. Brave made my cry like a baby, just because of how touching it is.
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    That gif of Sherlock ripping off his scarf does things to me...

Frozen was a disappointment in every way possible. The story felt rushed and full of holes, the characters were kinda lame, the songs were VERY lame, and everyone had hyped it up like it was the best movie of the decade. I like that the guy didn't save the girl in the end, but the movie was so awful I didn't even notice until someone mentioned it on Tumblr. It had some good lessons in there for kids and parents (don't marry the first dude you meet, don't overly-shelter your kids or they won't be prepared for the real world, etc.) but it just felt so poorly done.

I'll have to make a point to watch Brave at some point. I wanted to see it when it came out I just never got around to it! Thankfully my husband loves animated movies too. :D
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    That gif of Sherlock ripping off his scarf does things to me...

Frozen was a disappointment in every way possible. The story felt rushed and full of holes, the characters were kinda lame, the songs were VERY lame, and everyone had hyped it up like it was the best movie of the decade. I like that the guy didn't save the girl in the end, but the movie was so awful I didn't even notice until someone mentioned it on Tumblr. It had some good lessons in there for kids and parents (don't marry the first dude you meet, don't overly-shelter your kids or they won't be prepared for the real world, etc.) but it just felt so poorly done.

I'll have to make a point to watch Brave at some point. I wanted to see it when it came out I just never got around to it! Thankfully my husband loves animated movies too. :D

I wanted to like it, because I love Disney, musicals, cartoons, and female-driven stories. It seemed like it'd be exactly my kind of movie. But first of all, I agree it was WAAYYY overhyped; secondly, articles like this:
    http://www.cartoonbrew.com/disney/frozen-head-of-animation-says-animating-women-is-really-really-difficult-89467.html
    really soured my feelings toward Disney in general. I hate the attitude that women are eye candy first and people second. Personally, I do comics and art all the time, and I love making my female characters look terrible. Because people look terrible sometimes. They're not always perfect and dewy.
    Like this, for example: http://distilleryimage2.ak.instagram.com/77f8f8583d3a11e3bf2722000a1fbc66_7.jpg
    Because women aren't always beautiful criers!!!

And finally, the weird, overlong song about why Kristoff and Anna should get married (out of nowhere, not catchy or funny) was just... urhgh.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options

2008_zpsde040965.gif

Umm.. I feel like I can take on the day now.. :wink:
  • Mustgetbuff
    Options

2008_zpsde040965.gif

I can't stop watching...
  • RavenhairedWoman
    Options

2008_zpsde040965.gif

I can't stop watching...

Huh? Work? You mean my job isn't to watch BC do what he does? Damn, I guess I better get some work done today... :laugh:
  • Mustgetbuff
    Options
    No need to work as I just found a gif of him ruffling his hair:

tumblr_mz0tiahunc1sw2smzo1_r1_500.gif
  • GeekdGirl
    Options

Oh.My...

2003_zps94fd3d24.gif
  • GeekdGirl
    Options
    Someone just glancing at our group might think we like BC or something :wink:
  • RavenhairedWoman
    Options

Oh.My...

2003_zps94fd3d24.gif

Yup! That settles it, who needs to do work today? ^_^
  • RavenhairedWoman
    Options
    tumblr_m07j6p0ojo1r5svs7o3_400.png

^_^ Now I am just looking at pictures of BC and giggling because I keep thinking of my favorite Sherlock moments..
  • RavenhairedWoman
    Options
    tumblr_mff665GW9U1rr4440o1_500.jpg

Umm.. Yes Nathan.. I would love to.. ^_^
  • RavenhairedWoman
    Options
    2010-12-09-CaptainHammer.jpg

This just made me laugh so hard! If you haven't seen 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog' you are missing out!