The only way for me is to be super strict

Options
joybedford
joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
Rubbish title I know but I couldn't think of one, I will explain further. Since stopping my whole 60 at 45 days I have stuck pretty much to paleo but I have had days where I have gone of track. For me once I go off track I can't pull it back it's like I have had too much sugar may as well have more. My diet isn't horrendous but not as clean as it could be. When I have these days it effects me negatively I become stressed, anxious, grumpy and hate myself for my lack of self control. I also retain fluid badly and feel very puffy despite the fact I am working out. My abs which were beginning to show the start of a 6 pack are now bloated and I have a muffin top. My husband says I don't and it's in my head but I feel I do. I don't know why I do it as I hate this feeling but it's like someone releases a monster and I have to eat with no thought to what I am eating.
For this reason I am jumping back in, I may have the occasional glass of wine but for the most part whole 30 all the way. Anyone like this can give me done support.

Replies

• bethcongdon1
    bethcongdon1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's the way I am too about food and everything. I am thinking about going paleo but I don't want to go paleo with old habits. I may eat this way and be strict most of the time to keep conscious of how and what I am eating. I had to give up cigarettes the same way. March 21, 2007 was my last smoke and never had another since. It was all or nothing.
  • GSD_Girl
    GSD_Girl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Joy, I feel your pain. (Ironic sentence there). That is why I am doing Whole30. I have trouble finding a balance. I get into a mindset where I am "off plan" and eating unhealthy things, and get in this downward spiral of eating more and more junk and less and less of the good stuff. Then eventually I get to a point where I say, "OK I am getting back on plan...after this one big pizza, or after the weekend binge". After my 30 days, I want to incorporate an 80/20 or 90/10 balance of Whole30 type eating and other. I am definitely a little worried about if I can do that successfully or not. Eating the way I used to caused me a lot of digestion issues that would last up to a week and I would have a food hangover lasting just as long where I would get really grumpy and not feel like moving. So now I am working on the mindset that I am not eating the Whole30 way to lose weight, I am doing it for my health. So far so good, but its only day 6!