anyone around?

Options
danadew18nj
danadew18nj Posts: 30 Member
how is everyone's progress doing?

I am so excited that with the help of MFP and keeping accountable using this program I am down 7 lbs .... now at 172, I hope I can get down further a little at a time!

Replies

• WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Pretty quiet place lately!
    I lost 13lbs (again) but gained 2lbs and struggling badly. I know I want it but giving up is just easier. I am trying though and I will get there.

Congratulations on the loss and on a great attitude!!
  • matthew621
    matthew621 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi, I am back to MFP now a year later and sad to say generally in the same boat as last summer. I lost some weight last summer, started at 172 lost about 10lbs, now I'm back weighing in at 167 and still have a goal of reaching 125 (although..I'm beginning to think that is a bit unrealistic for me now?). I have many good...no great reasons... to lose the weight but my motivation is still lacking. I do not know why it is so hard to get started again but I resigned to get back on MFP to hold myself more accountable and some friends who are on the same road to get going again. :wink:
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I would love to get this group active so we can support and share our struggles and triumphs! How are you all doing!?
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I am very up and down.
    I was doing good for a week -- ruined it yesterday but back on track today. I guess all I can do at this point is focus on one day at a time. I want to look in the mirror and not look swollen.

I figured with summer here I would be more motivated but it is either too cold or too hot -- the happy medium doesn't exist. Excuses -- all I have are excuses...lol.

Tomorrow is a new day and I will get out for a walk!
    I got a fitbit awhile back and really like it, some days it pushes me to walk more. I am going to aim for 12,000 steps -- I average just over 7,000 last week so I need to get my butt movin!

One day at a time
    One day at a time!!
  • matthew621
    matthew621 Posts: 11
    Options
    Starting to get back in the groove, even on a tired day I found some inspiration in the swimsuit section! I practically ran home and leapt onto my treadmill. It was a good reality check! LOL I know how to get my butt in gear now when I don't feel motivated. Getting back on MFP and tracking my food has also been yet another awakening. It is definitely helping to keep me accountable especially on those days when you try and make excuses for eating foods you know aren't healthy...can't ignore those large numbers on the screen when you enter them. I wanted to cry today...went to chick-fil-a with my son and thought I'd be good and get a salad....HOLLY COW I might as well have stuck with the chicken sandwich and french fries. I've also been shocked at the amount of sodium in products especially "diet" items. Anyway...feels good to get my groove back in the right direction minus the chicken salad anyway :0) Hope you guys are finding your groove too.
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yeah it is rough. I have been losing weight but I am sure not at the rate I could be If I was consistent with logging my meals. I think I am hiding from the truth. I have a lot of psych issues that I combat. Like I resent having to log all my meals. I don't feel like I should have to live like that. I want to be able to self monitor and be able to have days where I am not so strict and then I can get back in the wagon. I don't know. Consistency is key for me. My trainer said consistency and discipline are key to weight loss. It is oh so true. I love working out. If I was more consistent with my diet I would have lost a lot more. I have lost 25 lbs since January. I guess tht is okay. But I have a long way to go. I just don't want to resent the process and the. Gain all the weight back. So I guess I am cool with it being so slow moving. I don't feel like I have missed out on anything.
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Trying to get back in the groove again....same wt, but bigger in the belly, WTH???? I bought a fitbit a yr ago and was using fitbit website for logging, but it was so frustrating because the food data base is so friggin small. Got tired of having to look up every single thing I ate and just quit logging period All my clothes are so dam tight in the waist, I finally broke down and bought a bigger size pair of jeans for horse back riding,no way I could climb on/off my horse in my every growing tighter jeans....I wanted to cry when I had to go a size larger..
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Pretty quiet here! I just returned from 2 weeks on vacation and although I didn't put on any weight, I have been working on building muscle this past year. Now I'm ready to cut, and will increase my calorie deficit. I'd like to have 5 off by Thanksgiving. Who's with me?
  • Connie48
    Options
    I'm back "again". I do so much better when I keep track of my calories, but I'm on the computer all day at work and hate to log on when I get home...so I'm going to log on from work (until the internet police get me anyway, lol)

I need to lose at least 40lb (50 would be great!) I'm hitting the weights hard and heavy. Heavy training works better for me. I plan to start going back to live Zumba classes at least once a week, I'll get my other cardio at home with my many DVDs. Hope everyone is doing well on their journey.
  • R1ss4n1
    R1ss4n1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've been 'back' on MFP since September first and my scale seems to be moving GLACIALLY slow. My weight loss seems to be at 1 pound per 11 days which is not terrible, but don't we all want to see it move more?

Luckily I've started trying to run (using the Zombies, Run! app) and I'm noticing real improvements there. Ran my first 12 minute mile last week and now I'm trying for running 5 miles in an hour without walking.

I'll be adding some weights to my routine next.
  • Connie48
    Options
    For some reason I have no energy this evening, got my wt training done (barely) my cardio was a joke! I hate when I feel like this. It feels like I'm moving in slow motion. I think it's mainly due to hubby and I camping a couple days and eating quick and easy food.
  • micheles234
    micheles234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I came back on Monday this week. Been gone several months. Also restarted c25k week 3. This is about my fourth time around? Works every time, I don't really know why I let the pounds creep back up! Feel free to add me, I like extra support and motivation, and I like to do the same for my friends! :)
  • Connie48
    Options
    Had a few days of bad habits creeping back in....back on track today. I've keeping a daily calorie log on my fridge so I can see it everyday first thing in the morning and at night when I get the munchies!
  • duplicitous
    duplicitous Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm here.