2-24-14

Options
daily thread

Replies

• tracywintn
    Options
    w2/d1 done! I thought about doing week one over after Friday's workout but decided to at least try week 2. I did GREAT! I was able to "jog" the entire 90 seconds for the full workout. When I was walking people were passing me (YMCA track) but once I started my 90 second jog session I was able to pass people. That felt AMAZING! There was also a guy doing a slow jog the whole time and there were several times my 90 seconds started right after he passed me and we had the same pace. So I wasn't fast by any means, but I felt like I was faster than my walk. I feel really really good about getting out there and just doing it!
  • mel521
    mel521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good job, Tracy! I did day 1 of week 2 today as well. I felt like it was tough while I was doing it, but I finished! I increased my speeds each time last week and I did today on the same as I did Friday so I'm pretty pleased with myself.
  • Tbirdgal_Stef
    Tbirdgal_Stef Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Wk1 Day 3 Done, I'm going to get caught up and do Wk 2 this week :) Today was good, I was shocked I did not want to do it at all but once I started and cranked up the music I was loving it!
  • curlydiamond
    Options
    Managed to get a run in this morning whilst at the in-laws, which meant running on grass verges and dodging cowpats (only my second run outside). Cant believe I did it, the last 5 min run was definitely a challenge but I kept jogging to whole time, so w4d2 done!
  • rocketman_nz
    Options
    I did week 3 day 1 last night. got to the last 30sec of my last jog and I had to stop and walk the last 30 seconds. I think I was dehydrated and running into a head wind made for a shocking rung.

I will try repeat w3d1 again tomorrow and hopefully I can do the whole run without walking when I'm not meant too
  • jepo27
    jepo27 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My second week doing "week one" again (don't feel ready to move on yet). I went out and bought myself a pair of running shoes this morning and went for my scheduled run this evening. The running was much improved with the shoes, cushioned the shock of my feet pounding the pavement....however...on my walking sections the shoes rubbed and I could quickly feel blisters on my heels...I so wanted to give in.....on the positive side, it made me look forward to the running sections for the relief lol

Off to buy some blister cushions for my heels before my next session on Wednesday....blisters are NOT going to stop me.
  • tracywintn
    Options
    Wow, this group is on fire! Great job everyone! Jepo-I have new shoes too and made the guy show me like 15 pair---I wanted to make sure there were no areas rubbing!! Rocketman, I would go ahead and do day 2 tomorrow-it's most likely the same and if you can do it then you know you are ready to keep going. It's not like you walked the last 30 seconds on each interval.

So glad people are posting, this is really keeping me going and accountable!
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i finished my run tonight, W3D2 and felt very deflated when i saw our distance and pace, we had been doing really well.
    Id listened to what i had read about not pushing yourself beyond your limits and run comfortably so you feel as though you can do a bit more.
    my sister had decided that it would be better for our old knees to run on the field rather than on the path/road. So for the 3 minute run section we ran across the fields. But id have decided we will not be doing it again, yes its low impact but the ground is so soft your working twice as hard lifting your feet out of the mud. I will be sticking to the path from now on at least until the ground hardens up.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Did W4 D2 today on the trail in my profile pic. If I thought the 3 minutes were long, OMG ....the 5 minutes just go on forever...so much so I'm wondering if the voice fell asleep before telling me to start walking again, LOL

Thankfully my music kept me going, no way I could do this w/o tunes going thru my mind (it also makes the sound of me gasping for air a lot quieter, lol)
  • FocusKimFocus
    FocusKimFocus Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Music oh so important! Last October I jog/walked a 25k trail run. I was doing great until the Pandora on my phone quit working. It was like my batteries on my energy ran out.

Love seeing all the posts. Its getting me pumped for tomorrow. I did W2D1 yesterday, but my dog probably can't handle days off very well. So walking my dog today turned into a cross country ski. We have a great trail a couple blocks from our house, but it doesn't get groomed very often. I saw the groomer go by and then a friend skated by on her skis. Sooo .... I put on my skis for the first time in about 3 years! Yay!! I ended up being out for an hour - granted I stopped quite a bit. I turned around when I got out of reach of phone (and music) service. Thankfully the way back home was mostly a gentle down hill.

I expect to be sore tomorrow, but don't let me let excuses start creeping in!
  • gretagirl2013
    Options
    Great job, everyone!! Need to remember a change of clothes and shoes tomorrow so I can do W2D2 over my lunch break!!
  • QueenyLanae
    QueenyLanae Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Today was the first day of walking/jogging outside. I completed W2D1... kind of. My ankle started hurting after the the first jogging interval. After that I had to walk at least half of each jogging interval. I think i might need to redo Week 1.
  • DebinMelbourne
    DebinMelbourne Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Just completed W2D3, and tacked another jog at the end. I sweat like nobody's business! Nearly came a cropper when my dog shied away from a motor cycle on the sidewalk. Big chicken, he is. I've stopped using Runkeeper at the same time, so I don't obsess over distance, time and pace. (I think I'm using a different app to many of you, because I haven't hit a 3 min jog yet). Listening to music is the best, and I even got surprised when I was told to walk. Pumped! :smile: