Due in August 2014!

Options
KabbyGU
KabbyGU Posts: 158 Member
I am due mid August and found out I was pregnant the same week I won a 13 week biggest loser challenge. I lost 26 lbs overall. It was a good week!

Since then, I have gained back about 8lbs. I'm only 12 weeks, so I feel like that is a lot...but on the other hand- I went from eating 1300-1500 calories, working out 5 days a week to eating 1920 calories and barely exercising the first 10 weeks I was sooo physically drained that all I seemed to do was eat and sleep. I work full time at a daycare, but even then my energy was limited and my movement was even more so limited. I haven't had any morning sickness, so certainly no worry about losing weight due to not being able to keep it down. Now that my energy levels are back to normal I have started to get back into my exercise routines (Zumba, walking, squats, pregnancy yoga, etc).

I want to get back to logging food correctly, pre-planning meals, and stop flying by the seat of every craving lol.

Replies

• fatracslim
    fatracslim Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I lost weight last year and then at Christmas found put I was pregnant and ate and ate and ate!! I'm 11 weeks now and have put on 10kg, which I'm pretty gutted about!! So enough is enough! I've decided to start counting cals again to keep me accountable. I'm going to eat a healthy diet, not cutting anything out and exercising.

Rachel x
  • Eat2Live2Run
    Eat2Live2Run Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm also due in mid-August (13 weeks today). Up until about 2 weeks ago I couldn't stomach anything other than junky carby food, which is normally not my style at all. I also didn't have the energy to cook often, so I ended up eating out quite a lot. The past couple of weeks I've had much more energy and a taste for my normal healthy food. I typically stick to a mostly Paleo diet. I've gained about 10 pounds, but its already starting to level out and I haven't gained any the past 2 weeks. I'm running about 20 miles a week and doing CrossFit once to twice a week.

Love to be buddies!
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Although I'm 40 weeks in September I'll be induced by 38 weeks. So I guess you can say I'm due Aug. 27. I'm having twins so I can't carry them full term. I could even have them at 35 weeks or so, so it's looking like August no matter what.

"Morning" sickness is the pits. I'm nauseous all day long, but I never throw up. Honestly, I'd feel better if I just threw up. I've gained 5-6 pounds I think. I'm supposed to be eating 3000 calories a day, but with all the sickness I can only get down 2000 ish calories a day. I'm supposed to be gaining a lot of weight up front because it will be difficult to eat in the 3rd trimester (babies will be taking up all the space). I'm just trying to do it in a somewhat healthy way instead of giving in to my almost constant pizza and wings craving. LOL
  • CoachDeeRyan
    Options
    Hi :)

I'm due August 29! I exercised regularly (6-7 times a week) before finding out I was pregnant. Since I am high risk my doctor told me I can't exercise until after 12 weeks, which thankfully is this weekend. I found out I was pregnant right before Christmas, so all that eating and not being able to burn it off was not good! I've gained about four pounds so far, and haven't been as focused on healthy eating as I should. I gave myself a pass those first weeks, and now I wish I didn't. Anyway, I hope this group helps me stick to HEALTHY eating all the way, with the occasional cookie or treat for my efforts every now and then :)
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm due early September (sorry to crash the thread! but no one has started a September one). I am just really happy to be reading all your experiences! I am in the middle of my 10th week and have had morning sickness (mostly in the form of nausea and only a little vomiting), Exhaustion (whoo am I tired all the time!) and headaches :( I have actually lost about 3 lbs since finding out I am pregnant, mostly do to the nausea and the fact that nothing sounds good to eat. I've had a hard time with food and sadly its really become more a chore as of late. I used to run regularly (ran a marathon in December) But for the last month I have been so utterly tired and fatigued that I haven't run at all. I am very glad to hear that others are experiencing the same thing. Not that I want anyone to feel bad. I am not sure if anyone else feels this way, but so far I have only told my family that I am pregnant (2 weeks ago) but I haven't told any coworkers, so part of me feels isolated, because they don't know that I feel exhausted and nauseous or why I look like crap lol. I plan on making more of an official announcement next month when my first trimester is officially over!
  • SweetSweater
    Options
    Due early or mid August - it keeps chaning, I'd love some friends! So far I've lost and gained the same 10 pounds, I think I'm past getting sick but I'm SO tired its been hard to stay motivated to work out
  • RachelHancock
    Options
    Fantastic, congratulations everyone!
    By my dates I'm due end of July but sonographer says early august.

What are your actual goals for food and exercise? I think this website overestimates how many calories a person needs and so I'm unsure how many I should really be aiming for. I've set up my diary to have a net of 1600 at the moment, I'm 5'4" and about 95kg. This is enough for me not to be hungry so I guess it's alright!

What exercise do you plan on doing? And has anyone got any advice for exercising when pelvis is feeling achey?

Good luck on your pregnancies and new lives as mums
    Big hugs xxx
    Rachel
  • RachelHancock
    Options
    Just set up a group for August 2014 babies :) it's like a forum inside a forum, please join ....
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/19881-pregnant-ladies-due-august-2014
  • auntkk28
    auntkk28 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm due early September (9/06 to be exact) and I already have a baby belly! This is #4 for me though so not surprised to be showing already. Yes the first trimester is the hardest with nausea and fatigue but that's over for me now so I'm back to exercising! There are a lot of good free videos on You Tube for pregnancy workouts:) We can't help the first trimester so let's all just be motivated to get active for the rest of the pregnancy to keep that weight gain to a minimum:) Hey Racheal can the Sept. mammas join in your group?
  • cr9576
    cr9576 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am 23 yrs, 5'3 and this is my First baby
    Pre Preg weight: 168
    16 weeks: 180

I feel like I am so flabby and cheeky. My back has been killing me these first couple months so I have been in no mood to work out! (and I have an elliptical at home) I have been making poor food choices I guess. A lot of eating out is probably not helping. I don't even look pregnant yet i just look fat :( I'm only supposed to gain 15-20 pounds for the pregnancy. Can anyone recommend a certain diet I can do, tips, or just a buddy that is on the same page as me is appreciated :)
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I'm due 8/11 with my 3rd child. I tend to deliver early but you never know.
  • vlmcwilliams
    vlmcwilliams Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey, how's everyone feeling? Any other Mums on here who've been pregnant before get sacroiliac pain, and any recommendations on exercises that might help with it? I've been getting the pain for the last week or so (currently 16 weeks) and haven't been able to figure out what makes it worse/alleviates it...
  • vlmcwilliams
    vlmcwilliams Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sorry - I should introduce myself!!! This is my first baby, due August 18th. I exercise about 3-4 times/week - zumba, walking, pilates and just started doing antenatal aqua classes (so good!). Feel free to add me, I'm keen to keep exercising and eating healthy :)
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    vlmcwilliams: I'm at 19 weeks and I have the worst lower back pain and it hurts to do anything. I'm due August 1 . My fiance says that I have sciatica but all I know is I hurt. It doesn't help to lay flat, or sit down, and standing up from sitting down is just excruciating until it gets worked out. If you find something that may be a help with that let me know. Maybe we can come up with something together.
  • clarenashgibbons
    Options
    hello!

I'm due 13 August 2014 with my first! I'm 17 weeks today- haven't weighed myself for a long time and won't start now! Just keeping track of what I eat and eating healthy. but find it really hard to stay away from bread and cakes and sweets! :/

I've not joined any other new mum groups so rally hoping to make friends on here and have some support! I have no idea what to expect during the coming months and what's considered 'normal' during pregnancy especially weight gain. I weighed myself at 16 weeks and I had put on 7lbs! That shocked me, I'm finding it a bit disconcerting putting on weight after trying for so long to lose weight slowly and healthily but I know the baby needs it! I don't know how celeb mums like peaches geldof manage to stay so skinny while pregnant and still be healthy but I guess everyone is different!

Clare
    XXX